[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pan-Am NZ #2 Auckland

Pan-Am NZ #2 Auckland

Pan-Am NZ #2 Auckland

Postby DRW21 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:17 am

Hi Guys, I got home from work today and no have a big box of awesome Pan-Am cars to check out and get ready for the next round of this truely awesome race series.
I have contacted Mike (orakieracer) to set up a date for the race which we'll get done as soon as we can.
I'll keep ya posted on progress.
Cheers Guys - Dave
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Pan-Am NZ #2 Auckland

Postby DRW21 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:59 pm

I'll get these cool cars out tonight and get them ready (clean and check) for qualifying on Sunday morning.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:51 am

ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!
They are great fun. Don't get too attached to my favorite in the series THE # 33 Porsche !!!
Richard
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:42 am

All done Guys, the cars are ready to rock, just 3 small repairs were done.

Chappy's silver '57 Fairlane - the body was rubbing on the rear tires, I added an o-ring to lift the body a tad, no more rubbing and way better in the corners now.

Retro Racer 44's #45 Red Lancia? - the peak had came loose from the helmet so I carefully glued it back in place.

DRW21's #21 Merc - the windscreen had come loose on one side so a tad more glue and all good to go.

All the cars are in great condition considering the number of races they have run- well done to those that have looked after our cars, Thank You.

Some cars do not run as smooth as others due to tires either not glued and trying to peel off the rim part way thru the corners, other than that they all run well.

Hats off to ALL INVOLVED in the is event, the level of effort and workmanship is outstanding and that makes ya wanna get ready for the 2018 PanAm fun run.

SGD's green bug looks so cool, the pix of it do not do it justice. Well done MrSGD. (man Mrs SGD has a big bust!!)

Yeah that #33 Porsche does run nice!! (if that chassis goes missing don't look in my box).

We will qualify the cars this coming Sunday morning and we'll get the results posted asap.

All the best guys - Dave.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:22 am

DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:37 am

Thanks for the qualifying and the notes. Enjoy running the cars down under and good luck to all the builders.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:59 am

Thanks for the feedback. The #20 Porsche was the first gift card chassis using the 130 size motor. Driver feedback will help the design of the next Pan Am car.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi Guys, as far as the comments go I thought it would be more helpful to mention the area where cars could be improved on with the sole intention of helping builders to build better cars if that's what they wanted to do.
I too are thinking of the next build for the 2018 Pan-Am fun run. It's such a blast been in the mix on this International event.
Those Corvettes look really good buzzing around the track, might have to get me one of them.
All the best for race day Guys - Dave.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:29 pm

Dave, loads of thanks for fixing the rub on the old Ford really appreciate it.
All the feed back is great too as it does help us in our future builds.
Enjoy the cars Dave , we all want that to be the fun factor and see how we do as we go around the world in over 80 days lol.
All the best
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby DRW21 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi Guys, we have some sad news, Mike's Mother has just passed away and he will be out of action for a few weeks with family matters to sort out.
We all are sad for his loss and wish him and his family all the best.
This means we will have to delay the running of the race as Mike is the 'king pin' of our club.
I'm sure you will all understand the situation and be patient.
The cars are safe and sound and we will get it done as soon as we can.
Thank You Guys - Dave.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:39 pm

Dave these are toy cars and an enjoyable past time thats all.
Please give Mike our condolences on this very terrible event .
The cars can wait.
Our very sincere condolences on your loss Mike .
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Aloha » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:49 pm

Please extend our condolences. Our hobby can wait.
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:46 am

Just saw this...........Dave, that's fine; I hope that Mike's is back on his pins again soon. I lost my mom in April of this year and although I'm 69 years old, it changed my life........

We'll wait, patiently. Looking forward to the action from Auckland; always a great time!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:14 am

No worries here, we extend our condolences and truly understand.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:39 pm

No worries, lost my Mom in January of this year, and I know first hand the emotional and physical time required to get through it. Pass along my condolences.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to La Carrera Panamericana-2 Fun Run - 2016