[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The Carrera North American Non-Magnet Championship

The Carrera North American Non-Magnet Championship

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: The Carrera North American Non-Magnet Championship

Postby Austin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:23 am

Did the Morgan get lost in the mail?

No it got lost in photobucket. The morgan was a nice smooth running car it is just the rear likes to slide out in the sharp turns
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:49 am

Austin Maserati
weight 3.805 fast lap Red lane 7.370 Average laps per lane 22.5 Total laps 90.5

SlotCar Corner wheels front and rear
Yellow dogs front and super tires rear
Slot-it axles and gears
All tires trued
Braid trimed
Don't thnk I added any weight to the car
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Derby City Speedway » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:50 am

Great job guys, still got my hopes up :pray: Looking forward to getting all these units on the plastic !
Derby City Speedway
Derby City King

Postby Czar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:52 am

Well, I can't say I'm not a little disappointed with my finish. But, this is the first time I have attempted anything like this and I wanted to see how well I could prepare a car. My goal was to learn to be a better builder, and to that end, I am very happy with the feed back. I have to paractice a lot with my Tire Razor, because apparently I've got it all wrong. I'll hope I do a little better on another track, but this is great, and I thank you for putting on the race.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:44 am

Good attitude sir. That's the way to be. I missed the podium too...but it's all for fun :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby arroldn » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanks for the run guys 8th place. How did the old Ferrari handle? Was the motor toast or is it the tires not getting the job done?
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:24 am

The Ferrari 575 was slow but handles very well, maybe a little taller gears or a replacement motor, I will check what I have in my car tonight, my motor has a lot of run time on it.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:51 am

The gear that came in the Slot.it rear axle kit was 26 crown which makes it 2:88. Maybe 3:00 would have given it more acceleration. In these proxy races it seems to be a crap shoot as to low or tall gearing. But I guess stock type motors like tall gearing where high torque motors can handle lower gearing. You would think by now I would have learned that LOL!
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby davidm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:03 pm

My first time as well, be 30 plus years since I have raced. Help from BruceB - thanks ( maybe a bit too much :lol: ). Maybe next race - it was fun waitingfor race time and the results. Austin - if you get a chance how about a critique (as kind as possible) How was motor and grip? Set up and priaticed on short routed tri-oval, no inclide or long straights - thanks to all and look forward to next time...
davidm

Postby Austin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:20 pm

David your car was fun to drive and set up very well for stock wheels and rubber tires. I t was very smooth and a great runner. On the Carrera track you should place higher but you do need to run Super tires on the rear next year. Super tires are very hard to true on the stock wheels and the truer they are the smoother your car will run.

This is what I would do with your car. In fact this is what I do to all my Carrera cars.
The brushings are a great fit for the slot-it axles so there is no need to replace
The Carrera pinions work very well with the slot-it Crown gears

Order Summary
--------------------------
1 - [SIPA01] Slot.it Axle (Solid) Length: 52 mm

1 - [SIPA09s] 17mm Wheel Inserts-BBS-Silver

1 - Slot.It Gears - Inline Crown Bronze 25 Teeth

1 - [CBD1300] Insert Wheels (Silver) Wheel Size: 17x10mm

1 - [1408RC] Silicone (Classic) 1400-14xx Part#: 1408RC

This is some where around $30 +
This with your skill for setting up a non-magnet rubber tire cars would put you near the top if not on the top.

Harry's car with the stock axle and wheels did super. Maybe he has some tips on tires tuneing, his car was very smooth. I could never trun a silcone tire on stock wheels and don't even try any more.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:24 pm

Austin,
You said my car was slow but handled well. Your recommendation to David was run a 25 tooth crown or 2.77 ration. I ran a 26 tooth or 2.88 gear. I guess the motor was tired. It was an old car I had sitting around for yrs so I don't know how much it was run. But it hadn't been run in over 3 yrs I'm sure. I wouldn't think there would be that much difference between the two ratios or I'm I mistaken.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:59 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:04 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby davidm » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:40 pm

Any news on the next race date?
davidm

Postby arroldn » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:22 pm

Dickie,
Thanks for the update. Tires are glued and I tried to profile the edges. Guess I did a so so job.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale