[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot Racing Company

Slot Racing Company

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Slot Racing Company

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Well....here it is:

Slot Racing Company ( SRC) is a new company started by Rafael Barrios Senior, the original owner of Fly. Model Fly Slot is now owned and operated by his son, Rafael Barrios Amilivia.
The companies are not connected. Attached is news from SRC
Please know that at today's exchange rate the plastic cars would be approx $78.00, the resin cars would be approx $360.00, and the resin twin pack would be approx $700.00

RESIN cars.

Plastic cars

Thanks Cincyslots for passing on the latest news.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Slot Racing Company

Postby MrAdept » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Indeed - he certainly raised the bar with his early models - I shall be looking with interest at his plastic cars.

Do you think that 00502 will come with the tire falling off the rim like the picture? :D

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:07 pm

....I wonder if things worked out ok for the ex-Fly employees in Spain after all the bother with the original company....

Ahh well I expect it did...
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Reslotted » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Gee I really hope those classic F1 cars come out in plastic, later on.
I love my old f1, but I can't afford those prices. :(

I'm sure they will sell like hotcakes, somewhere!
All the best to them.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby boopiejones » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:47 pm

Those porsches look sweet. A bit pricey for plastic, unless they come with set screw wheels.

The resin cars look great too, but there's no way I'm paying that much for any slot car.
boopiejones

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 pm

I like the Porsches too. Earlier I saw that one model is a short tailed version.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:41 pm

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:07 pm

I wish them well too, however that price point in today's economy is going to put them well out of reach of anyone but the collectors.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby KnowtoriousWon » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:10 pm

1979 French Grand Prix... 1st win for a turbo getting overshadowed by this fight for 2nd place ->
KnowtoriousWon

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:12 am

I agree with David. As much as I loved Fly and GB Track, I can't support them with this price increase. Its a shame, but I am sure he has his reasons, given the craziness and opportunistic power plays in the European economy these days.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby MrAdept » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:19 am

While I like the idea of the Porsches, my interest was piqued by the comment about the Capri. There are a number of promised resin Capris but this is the first plastic one I have seen in a while.
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:10 pm

It looks like the #35 Porsche 907L was released in Europe today. Those of us in the States need to wait another week or two unless you feel like importing one from your favorite over-seas dealer. :shifty: I just did... Actually the cost of buying from the UK was only about $65, which is the upper-end of what this cheap-skate would pay for a Fly, so I'm very much looking forward to receiving this car. I wonder if it will be Fly Car Model version 2 or something completely different. I did read where SRC considers their market to be exclusively "the collector," so it will be interesting to see if this car can even complete a lap on my tiny Scaley Sport circuit!
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:20 pm

My hat is off to you sir. Look forward in hearing your report on these.
I hope for your sake it at least runs.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:51 pm

I too am interested to hear a report on this. The price is better for the Porsche than I thought it would be.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby goosenapper » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:29 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale