[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What is your fastest and best handling car ?

What is your fastest and best handling car ?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

What is your fastest and best handling car ?

Postby Joe A » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:49 am

I have one car that went straight from the case to the track ( no tuning ) and blows away all my other cars.
It's fast and handles like a dream, it's my five year old son's go to car, and he always beats dad with it.
It's not what you think, it's a Monogram Cooper Ford. I guess I need to buy another one to race against my son since he won't give it up. :lol:
So, what is your fastest and best handling car straight from the case with no tuning?
Joe A

Re: What is your fastest and best handling car ?

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Well, this has to be a qualified answer for me. My fastest Pioneer is the red one with black and gold. Right from the box, blisteringly faster than any other one of these fine cars. No explanation, it just goes. My fastest Slot.it is a white kit Mercedes I put wheel pants on for fun. As far as I know, nothing is different about it from any of the others. My fastest Scaley, strange as it seems, is the VW Bug. It flies. My fastest Carrera is a Greenwod Vette. Fastest Monogram is a Grand Sport Corvette.

The fastest overall is the NSR Renault Clio.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby goosenapper » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:45 pm

Speaking strictly of mag-racing, straight from the box with no tuning, it's my NSR P68. (NSR #1053) There's no reason that it should be though, as the front wheels rub the body, but NSR's seem to not really care about anything but going too fast to see. They also stay in the slot far beyond logic, seemingly defying the laws of physics.

Having said that, the funnest car that I drive straight from the box that I've never tuned is a Scalextric Ferrari 330 P4. (Scaley #C2641) It just feels the best out of all of my cars. It's responsive and (this may sounds nuts) communicates what it needs better than other cars.

Now if you'll excuse me... I need to go talk to my cars. :shifty:
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 pm

You do that too?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:51 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby VenturaAlfa » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:27 pm

Mine was and still is one of the first cars I got; the Monogram Greenwood Corvette. Still holds the track record even against the slot.its and NSR's.

For my son its the #5 Carrera Mclaren. He has loved that car since we got it and it still runs circles around just about everything else. He's ten and loves the way it sticks to the track.

Both got slightly faster when the Corvette got Maxx Trac silicones and the Carrera got Pual Gage urethanes.

Ventura Alfa
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:35 pm

OK,

Out of the box, plonk it on the track, Carrera Capri (I think), I've had a few cars over the years and this one sticks in my mind as the quickest and smoothest right out of the box.

Cheers,

Rupert.
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:55 pm

My fastest and best handling out of the box no mag is my Slot It. Jagermeister Porsche. This car flies, and on the stock rubber tires. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby OctagonSpirit » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:02 pm

I recently purchased a Sloting Plus Reynard 2KQ Competition, and all I did was change the rear tires to ScaleAuto foams and add a little weight.

The car will run 7 seconds flat on a King track, and I'm certain that with a little bit of gearing work it will run into the 6's.

This car runs more like a JK Cheetah 11 or well-developed Retro than a 1/32nd scale car and I LOVE IT! Genuinely, if you race on commercial tracks, I have not experienced a finer car.
OctagonSpirit

Postby HutchTrickStar » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Right out of the box, my Pioneer Mustang coupe. Must be the racing stripes. It's even better now after tuning.

I built a wood track at a friends house. He bought ONE car, the white junkyard Pioneer Charger, and it's crazy fast almost violent bouncing all over the place. The motor is just hotter in that car but the wheels are crooked. I'm amazed it doesn't throw itself out of the slot more often. It is a very very hard car to beat even with a tuned car.
HutchTrickStar

Postby Modlerbob » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:23 am

Depends on what you mean by "tuning" All my cars get a basic level of tuning before they ever get on the track, that means oiling, checking gear mesh, adjusting braid and checking plastic hubs for burrs and finally sanding tires to get them true. Under those conditions I have to say my Slot.It brand cars have been my fastest and best performers, after that I'd say my Scaley LMP cars have been very good followed by my Scaley GT cars and Trans Am cars. Then the Pioneer trans am Mustangs.

You won't see a Fly car on my list but they can be "tuned" to be fast runners.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Xr4ti » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:31 am

My Scalextric F1's with the slim can motor Sport versions are the fastest out-of-the-box on my home track :!:
Xr4ti
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jcis4me » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:15 am

ALoha
I agree with Bob Right out of the box the Slot it hands down. They rarely need adjusting tuning, what ever. The Toyota C-98 was the smoothest quietest runner right from the box. Then the Jaguar silk cut.
Aloha
Marty
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:49 am

That 'other Marty' is now adding his 2¢ to the discussion.

I see the question, "What is your fastest and best handling car ?"

So I will answer my Slot.It Lola B09/60. Trust me, it did not come 'right out of the box' in the condition it is now in. I had to do a lot of adjustments, tweaks and setup on the can to get it right. But once it 'got right' it is a road rocket, at least on the track we are running on.

Since the Lola was the first venture into the anglewinder configuration, it was not without learning for both Slot.It and also everyone that bought one. There was a lot of interference (rubbing) between the spur gear and the body. I was quite dissatisfied with the car and thought I had made a mistake. Typcially a Slot.It car, much like the Toyota 88-C is just so quiet you hardly can hear it running. Trust me, the Lola sounded like a concrete truck moving down the road. I put in a spacer to move the spur gear away from the body, then I had to 'float' the body off the chassis. When I did that the car came alive. It now holds the track record and remains fast.

I tend to like Slot.It and add a new one when it comes out. My second choice is Scalextric as I have had several of them where you simply lube them, sand the rear tires and put it on the track. While not as fast as the Slot.It cars, I think the Scalextric cars also add a good value.

Thanks for asking.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:53 pm

For pure speed and handling, anything with Slot.it, Racer or NSR in the title or one of my rebuilds that have had radical surgery to install drive train parts with Slot.it Racer or NSR in the title.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale