[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Complete Northeast Mod build, Origami body and all

Complete Northeast Mod build, Origami body and all

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Complete Northeast Mod build, Origami body and all

Postby ccobra » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:27 pm

Now you got me thinking, I'm going to have to give one of those a try in CAD and out to the printer in plastic. The tubular frame will be the real challenge.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:54 am

Upated the parts list with regards to motors..

I've tested both the Hawk 18K and now the Piranha 21.5K for hundreds of laps on my 16 x 7 track..

My advice would be to run the Hawk on any track that has 8 to 9 foot straights or less, and the
Piranha on tracks with longer straightaways. The Piranha motor is fantastic, and smooth, and
faster than the Hawk in a straight line, but it's doesn't seem to get to it's top speed till that 8 or
9 foot mark and that's right where I need to brake for the turns.. Carries a bit too much speed
in to my turns unless I back off sooner.

The end result is, I can run a slightly faster lap time with the Piranha overall, but a 25 lap session will
show the Hawk being faster 20 laps out of the 25.. They are very close on my track but
the Hawk is much easier to drive and get those consistent lap times with.

If you are fortunate enough to have a 20 - 24 foot long layout, the Piranha would be the better
choice I think.. but it's a little challenging on a smaller layout like mine.
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:10 am

I am late to this thread! Thank you for creating this - it is a really useful how-to.

I set up a simple website at nymodifieds.com so folks could check out the latest body list and get some basic info and pics.

We mostly build them up with 1/8 axles and pro track foams, and 40,000 rpm motors - suitable for commercial tracks and fast home based wooden tracks - really with a commercial track mentality.

I was hoping a 1/32 builder would take these more over to the scale side of things. A few HRW boarders have even gotten cars/bodies- If you can get a group to run these they make for a great club racer, class racing - kind of like the real modified division...

Thanks again to Turbokev an HRW for this great post/link!
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby sixtiesracer » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:41 pm

There's a group up here in Central, N.H..And there are at least three ovals that most probably race on in a rotation format.And the Modifieds will be the premiere division. :auto-layrubber:
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby slotguy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:02 pm

Thats great we also run the modifieds on long island . We have 2 classes of 1/24 cars and we just started the 1/32 class mods about 2 weeks ago and they are fun. Note to you guys racing the mods if I can be of any help to you in getting parts from parma or h&r feel free to contact me at tonyslotcar@gmail.com . Or if you are interested in any stock cars or sprints I also build them aswell contact me for pics .
slotguy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chargincharlie » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:07 am

can anyone help me out i want a open wheel asphalt modified slot car to buy complete ready to race any size scale just for home use or display thank you
chargincharlie

Postby turbokev » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:34 am

Sending you a PM..

From your user name I'm assuming a body like this #1 would work? ;)

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chargincharlie » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:40 am

sweet looking cars that was also my racing name im a park fan jerzombek was ok i like one of my favorites was >>>--jim hendrixson x-3 richie evan ,geoff bodine i love the old coupes also and many more drivers grew up at islip speedway so are these 1/32 or 1/25 i would love to have one built i would also need it shipped im now in oklahoma fort sill army post make it back home occasionaly but yes the cj looks awsome even though i was not a big fan of his style of driving but he got the job done not sure if i can post a link on here but face book has a group page islip speedway fans i started it lots of old photos like 3000+ and fans i am thinking on buying the kids a slot car set 1/32 sacle i want a car to race on that and a 1/25 scale just for show we do have a ho set but nobody mnakes mods that small or i would get a few of those made for ho scale thank you
chargincharlie

Postby turbokev » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:36 am

The cars I showed you in the private message are 1/32 scale..

http://www.nymodifieds.com/nym_modifieds.html

That link shows the bodies currently available.. There's a Richie Evans car in there, and a Bodine (the #99 I showed you)
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:38 pm

I have 3 on the bench that I am finishing up and 3 more in the mail.
Man that oval stuff bites hard.
Ordered the colored wheels from SCCC and PGTs
bushes etc from PM , and 6 Rabbits.
I'll use the 3/32nd axles in the back and front , since that is what I have so much of and slot it gears.
I couldnt believe the quality of these when the first 3 arrived, fantastic.
Look out boyz Im goin oval racin , Name change comin ,, Chappy. To Lefty oh yeah
Oh and watch out for Shotgun Dave, he quietly steers you into this obsession lol.
Tks Ron, Great great stuff
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby gonegonzo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:27 pm

Can these cars be ran on 1/32nd scale sectional track such as Scalextric ?

I was concerned about the lane spacing .

Gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:07 am

They are relatively wide but I don't see why not..

The chassis nerf bars are hand built and the 5 chassis I have vary in width from 74mm to 77mm

The front and rear track you can set where you like.. Mine are at about 70mm front, 72mm rear
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slotguy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:03 pm

You can get the cars in 1/32 or 1/24 th vintage 24 and I build the two sizes contact vintage 24 or me at tonyslotcar@gmail.com for info on the cars prices differ base on what you want I can build just a chassis to a rtr car
Tony
slotguy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby RichD » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:20 am

Has anyone tried different gear ratios with the Piranha motor? If the car was lacking both acceleration and brakes a 29 or 30 tooth crown gear might be a better choice on a short track. I am considering building one of these cars, so I totaled up the cost of the parts which would be about $130 if I folded and taped the body myself and $140 if I got the body ready to go. That total generated a few squawks from my fellow racers. For kicks I added up the cost of one of our Trans-Am style IROC cars. Starting with a $50 Scalexrtic '72 Camaro the total cost for one of those would be $140!

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale