[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Professor Motor Conversations - Part 2

Professor Motor Conversations - Part 2

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Professor Motor Conversations - Part 2

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Had yet another nice chat with the good Professor today.

Revell/Monogram News

Some have asked what, if any changes will be made to the chassis/gear systems on these cars.

Answer is YES. There will be slight chassis changes as well as improvements in the running gear. Even the guide system and magnets. They have also secured licensing for several projects and looking to add more to round out the line up. The time it will take to get it right is the hurdle, yet it has to be done. If you are going to do it, do it right.

With that, new models are not expected for release until the new year. No definite time frame but they are hopeful for very early in the year. What models are first? I cannot say exactly, but I think old school Ford and Bowtie lovers will be pleased. Rumors might be floating about the exact models but I was told to hold off and remind folks anything can change.

I like this. Instead of hype on a product that might take a year (if that) to release, The Professor is smart to wait until he has a more solid release date.

*********************************************************************************
Guide Issues

The first batch of guides did have issues and prone to breaking. The ones I tested are still fine, but we all know there are some hard racing going on out there and eventually a weak guide will break. Such has been the case with the first releases. This has been identified and rectified. New curing has delivered a very robust guide that has been thoroughly thrashed (I mean tested) and you shoul;d be pleased with the results. If you have a broken one, contact them. The Professor and crew will do their best to take care of you.

*********************************************************************************
Quick NINCO Notes

The initial model shipment should be in tomorrow. Not surprisingly there are some models already sold out. CHECK YOUR DEALER. They are sold out at PM, not at dealers. MORE are coming very soon behind this first shipment to fill any back orders.

Hope this helps some of you.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Professor Motor Conversations - Part 2

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:05 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:10 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:18 pm

Yep. that's what happened. Dungeonracer included a photo of the broken guide, and it was dead flush with the deck.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 am

You are correct. Bad molding is a bad molding. Just stating my personal testing. I did not have any issues because I really didn't race them much. Just some testing laps on the oval.

I remind all to contact Pro Motor if you have a bad one.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SRQSloter » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:04 am

Thanks for asking about the guides Harry. Glad to see that they have it rectified. :handgestures-thumbup:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:29 am

Regarding the guides. I am getting back into 1/32 after a short time away. Back when the RM line came out I picked up a least 4 of everyone. Never taken out of the boxes! What should I be loing for regarding the guides.
Will PM replace them if required? If so that is great and I sure know where my slot dollars will go to.
Thank you
Alan
Dallas TX area
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:33 am

I would just contact them and ask?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:26 am

Alan, Maybe I don't quite understand your question.Correct me if I am wrong. From what I understand is that you bought a slew of Revogram cars years ago that have been sitting on a shelf and never used. You are wondering if Professor Motors will replace supposedly defective parts that you are not sure are even defective and were made by a wholly different company?

PM did not buy Monogram or its obligations therefor they should not be obligated to warrantee parts produced by someone else. They simply bought the right to produce Monogram's bodies. From what I have read, PM is in the process creating a completely new chassis for these cars that will correct the well known shortcomings designed into the cars produced by Monogram. Any discussion of guides presently would be in connection to that new chassis, not old Monogram stock.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:14 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale