[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - NEW from RMS Resins 09-30-14! Chevy II!

NEW from RMS Resins 09-30-14! Chevy II!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

NEW from RMS Resins 09-30-14! Chevy II!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:46 pm

Jon finally gets his wish!

To create this:

The flares will be included - BUT! They will require you to open up the fenders, glue them on, and do a little rudimentary filling. They work well for the need.

I planned the street version since it can be a drag car, the T/A car, or a hogged-out dirt track car.

More to come as it goes into the rubber!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: Coming soon from RMS Resins!

Postby transam6870 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:51 pm

Outstanding work sir!!
transam6870
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Wow. That looks superb David!
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:02 pm

Thanks guys! This has been a LONG time in the works. It needs a good wetsanding and polish and then into the silicone bath we go. I cannot wait to get this thing done. I've got another car desperately waiting in the wings behind it!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dge467 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Very nice! My second car was a 66' Nova.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:06 pm

Looks excellent, as usual, David. Jon will be ecstatic.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:18 pm

Now that is a nice looking resin body, even up close. The detail is crisp and the lines are straight. Some of the other resin bodies I have seen are nowhere near as nice looking. Now the question is, do I want a Chevy II in my collection?
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:20 pm

Thanks gents, I sincerely appreciate the feedback. Feels good to get back into production.

Bob- it is never a question of want...it is do you NEED a Chevy II in your collection ;)
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:21 pm

I'm guessing no one would be interested in one of these then...

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:43 pm

Well, I am late to this party but I am very impressed and excited. I have been lucky to watch this model take life over the past few months. It really shows you how much work can go into models like this.

WELL DONE.

And I want both. Can I get on the pre-pre-order list? :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby eightwheels » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:55 pm

Hey David looking good I will add this one to my want list. :text-thankyouyellow:
eightwheels
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:03 pm

No pre-orders LOL. I need to cast a few and check parts fitment before I'll release them. This sits on a Scalextric Mustang chassis at the moment. If you want the Scalextric axle to fit, you will have to hog it out or go with the flares. I've gotten this as close to scale as I possibly can. For the scratch builders, this won't be an issue.

If you want to know about the car - it is a 3D model that was printed out on a 3D printer in nylon.

I've spent close to 60 hours to get it to this point. I start by casting the 3D part, creating about 4-6 castings of that and start hacking it apart to get the separate parts. I add bulkheads and a million other things before it gets to where you see it now. Oh, and it will never be perfect since I'm not a machine.

The next stage is wet sanding with progressively finer grit papers before a final polish.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:05 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby RazorJon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:37 pm

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:17 pm

Now the corvair really peaks my interest as it was the first car I ever drove. Mine was older but this one will do.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale