[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Le Mans Miniatures Ford coming

Le Mans Miniatures Ford coming

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Le Mans Miniatures Ford coming

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:17 am

Cincyslots has the latest news!

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Le Mans Miniatures Ford coming

Postby ElSecundo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:53 am

Well, if there was ever a case of "you asked for it, you got it", this is it. The chassis on this LMM car is all Slot.It. They've been using Slot.It components before, but this should be quite a bit different. 98 grams, so it won't run with a Slot.It GT40, but if you use one of the M/T motors to tame the Slot.It version, they might match up well. :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby MrAdept » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:19 am

When is it due state-side?

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby reel55 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:20 am

El
At 98 grams - they should be great for non- mag on wood - we run plastic cars at about that weight
I will have to keep an eye on this one!!!!
reel55

Postby ElSecundo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:30 am

I'm with you, Verne. The last few LMM cars I've gotten were right around 99 grams, with Slot.It motors. They're still punchy, but they have that good, solid feel to them, and you really need to drive them. I don't like these over-powered 70 gram featherweights.

This should be the easiest LMM car to tune, by far. We'll lose some of the LMM 'personality' (which I like), but it looks like LMM is about to go a little more mainstream.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:48 am

When will it be here.... soon. All they told me was, soon. It looks great. Almost like the GT40 had a late nite with a P68. :eusa-naughty:
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:17 am

Hey Bruce.....put me down for the #14 Mirage Please!
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrAdept » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:21 am

MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:12 pm

Please shoot me an email if you would like me to order you one. I'll need a $10 deposit for these. I don't want to chance being left holding the bag.

Thanks,
Bruce
g2172@aol.com (paypal and email)
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrAdept » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:13 pm

MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:03 pm

I just got an email stating that these will not be out for at least another month. :( oh well, time to save.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:33 pm

The price may not be that much of an issue anymore for some. Cincy will have them around $110...maybe a few more or less.

That isn't that much for a model like this. I see folks dropping more than that on the NSRs because they feel they need them to win or that is the class at the local club.

So for a special model like this, with the Slot.it gear, I have to think that isn't unreasonable? I see a lot of folks here who stick to the lower priced standard models (myself included) but every once in awhile we grab one of these higher end models. Like Mark just said, he really wants this model and this is the only way he will get it. So yeah, it's more than a Scaley...but in this case it might be worth the extra $$$
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ElSecundo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:09 pm

If you buy a running Slot.It chassis, what's it cost -- 30 or 40 bucks? And if you buy a fully painted and detailed resin body with photoetched parts, that's not cheap. 100-110 bucks for a thoroughly detailed resin-bodied slot car with complete Slot.It running gear doesn't seem so bad. But then again, I was buying them without the benefit of the Slot.It running gear, so maybe I'm a big dummy... :lol:

Like Mark said, we're not going to find this car any other way. It's like a....well.....mirage. Nyuk nyuk nyuk. :mrgreen:

And with cars that you can't get any other way, that's really when LMM is worthwhile. Pink Pig, where ya gonna get it? Rondeau, where ya gonna get it? Renault Alpine A442, where ya gonna get it? Audi R10, screw it, get a Scaley. :P
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Cheapskate? I am not the one with the nice pair of P68's :)

That is exactly what I meant Kurt. You have just a better way of putting things.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:08 pm

I saw the real car in Las Vegas in 2009 at the imperial Collection:

Great subject, and the Slot.it gear could make me buy this car...grrr :D
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale