[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Manufacturers of slot cars.

Manufacturers of slot cars.

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Manufacturers of slot cars.

Postby Perrotoro » Tue May 21, 2019 9:23 am

Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby williamg » Tue May 21, 2019 10:21 am

I have 1 LMM Ferrari. Out of the box it needs gears and a tire diameter change.

The chassis scrapes on a flat straight track section never mind any elevation changes.
I need to swap on taller tires, or make a whole new chassis, it's that bad.
I will put 22mm rear, and 21mm up front to solve the issue hopefully.
Gears, it sounds like a coffee grinder, the spur is junk. And the mesh is sloppy. Worse than a Repotec car.

Right now it's nothing ore than a static model.
williamg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Tue May 21, 2019 8:34 pm

I have about 300 slot cars down from about 450 when I took a break from the hobby (ok, I quit...). Then I got back in about three years ago and bought back a bunch that I had sold. I run non-magnet and silicone tires on Carrera and wood tracks. However, I'm in the minority here, I dislike Carrera for the most part and to a lesser degree, Scaley as well. Carrera are too toy-ish and clunky in their detail but I've a few of their old NASCARS (Torinos and Superbirds) but those have 3D chassis under them. I have almost all the Scaley's classic F1s including the sets but the rest generally leave me wanting, their bodies are much better than Carrera though and what non-F1s I have also have (or will have) a 3D chassis under them. I'm quite partial to Slot Its and have a few of everything except the Lancia Group C/Le Mans cars - way too ugly. I've got a smattering of SRC including their dismal F1 offerings (Renault and Ferrari [shelf queens]) but the McLaren M23 is a vast improvement and their Porsches and Capris are quite nice too. Flys, I have around 30 of those. They're what rejuvenated the hobby, IMHO. Got Racers, Racer Silverlines, Racer Sideways (love the Lambo Huracan). A smattering of VMGs, Thunderslots, quite a few Ninco Classics, RAID trucks (Ninco and Avant Slot), AutoArt (again body donors), more resin cars than I can count, NSRs, Black Arrow, 1/24 BRMs (and about 5 Revoslots) of all types, a handful of 1/24 ScaleAutos, a baker's dozen of Pioneers, and around 20 vintage Cox, Monogram and Atlas in 1/32 and 1/24.

But wait, there's more. I've a couple of Osterero F1 cars, 7 or 8 Cartrix F1s, a Nonoslot McLaren M6GT and a LMM Jaguar XJR14. AND finally (really) some 1/24 retro Can Ams.

I might buy a car a week depending on whats new and appealing. I just took delivery of the new NSR Escuderia Montjuich Porsche 908/3 - that looks to be a runner. The 1/24 BRM Smokey Yunick T/A Mustang should be here in the next few days as well. I do like the esoteric, one off brands too and will spend hours looking overseas for something unique and cool.
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Tue May 21, 2019 9:15 pm

I'm sure LMM cars can be made to run adequately but the three I have are strictly shelf queens. Powerslots I haven't owned one yet so I can contribute nothing about their performance.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Wed May 22, 2019 6:35 am

Thanks. Think I'll hold off then on LMM and Powerslots - at least for now.
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale