[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - GM and Carrera news!

GM and Carrera news!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: GM and Carrera news!

Postby GoBucks » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:15 am

SWEEET! I am still keeping my fingers crossed for Formula 1 machines in 1/24th!!!! Maybe a lotus 49B or Eagle, Ferrari 312 series, even modern would be great! Just received my Audi R8 with the Spider graphics...Nice car, love the graphics. Keep up the good work Carrera!!!!
GoBucks

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:49 am

Bob the Porsche 904 did race on the same track as the Cheetah and Cobra and the Stingray Corvette.
The Corvette raced in the same class as the Cobra and Cheetah..... GT 2+ liters.
http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/D ... 02-16.html
I don't think that the displacement of the actual motor would take away in ANY way from the actual slot cars racing against each other.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:51 am

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:19 am

If I can put something on the "wish list" - mid 80's G-bodies!
Lot of NASCAR liveries along with the street versions (Grand National, Monte SS, 442, Grand Prix).
Even if only one body style were produced to start (Buick would most likely be the most popular for early 80's, Chevy for mid to late 80's) - it would still be great to see.
(A lot of us younger racers grew up with these being the cars we saw racing)

Figured it couldn't hurt to throw it out there. :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:25 am

"Figured it couldn't hurt"

You are right, it can't. They can't make everything everyone wants, but interest and suggestions like this sometimes go a long way :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby goosenapper » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:43 am

Any GM cars in D124 will be greatly appreciated.

Will the new C6R's come with an updated chassis, or the same as they sported before? Also, will they have the new, slicker tire compound too?

I had heard a rumor a couple of months ago that these were coming back, and now it looks like they will soon be here. At the same time, I had heard of a Superbird in 1/24 scale. That sounds a bit difficult to pull off. Any truth in that one?
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldtymer » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:02 pm

oldtymer
Cat Lovers Club Prez

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:24 pm

I like Harry Gant. Let's do this thing. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Good Ol' Harry Gant..My favorite driver of all time..A nice guy too.Wife got to meet him at one of his last races..I was working of course..That car would sell......But if you take the Skoal off of it,you loose the whole deal..Yep I know,no tobacco ads for the kids......
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:01 pm

Hmmmm - wonder as a work around, if we could get Carrera to offer a "white" stock car and then see if maybe somebody like slots4u.net would do up some Greyside decals for the Tobacco and Alcohol based cars? :)
There are still a lot of cool cars that aren't alcohol / tobacco based that I would like to see - from both the Winston and Busch series!
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Flytoo » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:24 am

I know I'm waaay late to this party but, GM & Carrera....great news indeed!
Flytoo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:15 am

What follows is a huge thread jacking I think but ... I'm in a chatty mood....

Regarding "white cars" to be painted... now I know that there are a few people here that like the idea of repainting cars and I do too but the reality is that this type of product is NOT something that makes sense really. I know the sales of the white 'cars we made and if I said they flew off shelves i'd be lying. I know the sales of the SCX Nascar bodies and they were OK but they were only a body and they were cheap. I have discussed with other manufacturers their feelings on white kit cars and I will tell you, without fear of contradiction that they are NOT nearly as strong as popular opinion might believe.
People don't want to buy this type of kit... anyone in the model kit industry will tell you this between the sobs and wiping away the tears they are shedding over the shrinking sales they see each year.
Personally I like the idea of making kits as part of a product line.. I like making models and (even though I suck at it) I like painting cars/tank models.
Making white kits is costly... yes I know that doesn't seem like it makes sense but it does. Even white kits have to be licensed...so in that way they aren't cheaper to make. An unpainted Nascar is still a Nascar. We pay licensing and some other companies get around these costs by not doing licensing at all... we don't operate that way.
They also require different packaging (in the case of a true kit) and require a change in the production since they aren't just an "unpainted version of the same thing" since most cars are molded in color with paint on top, so making a white kit represents a change in materials as well. When it comes down to it... any change in normal product represents increase costs.

I was told something years ago when i worked for SCX that stuck with me... any change in production that represents even 10th's of cents are costs that are magnified exponentially at the retail level. Once I explained to the design folks at SCX that we didn't need to have 5 body screws in the Nascars we were making and we could get by with only 3 body screws and that would actually increase performance... you should have seen the reaction it was like they won the lottery.

I wish I could tell you that Carrera would be doing this type of kit... i think they are cool. I wish they didn't represent additional cost to produce, I wish they sold as well as painted/RTR cars.

:text-threadjacked:
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby DaveKennedy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:56 am

Yup... i go to Target and buy a huge bottle of rubbing alcohol and soak that body! Wait... that sounds bad too! LOL
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:58 am

Thank you for "high jacking" the thread and sharing your comments!
It is very nice to be offered direct feedback of the realities associated with some of the requests that we make - whether those responses are what we "want to hear" or not. In fact, I would much rather be told that no, at this time "X" this isn't going to be done/feasible for "Y" reason, than to get the "we will consider it" and never hear anything further, positive or negative, on the subject again.

On the white kits, I didn't think about the differences in packaging, etc. But, in thinking about it, I can definitely see where, when looking at the sell ratio of the "kits" compared to the completed cars, there wouldn't be a sufficient volume of "kits" to warrant the alternate packaging / handling. This wasn't something that I had thought about - so appreciate you noting that.

All that being said though - I am definitely looking forward to the new offerings and will be looking to add some more to the stable as they become available! :)

Oh - and for grins, to further cement the "I buy my cars to use, not collect dust on a shelf" - here is a shot of my Fury, in use, in last night's race on the flat road course at Mark's Model World (magnabraid track, epoxy finish, class requires all stock components - including tires) The car, always a blast to drive, did well - pulling off a "podium" finish - coming in second out of a field of eleven! :)

Thanks again for the feedback and continued open communication!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Fumey » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:04 am

Is this where I can put in a request for a Yenko Corvair ? :pray:
Fumey
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale