[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - NINCO Austin Healey "Sport Red"

NINCO Austin Healey "Sport Red"

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

NINCO Austin Healey "Sport Red"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:00 pm

Here is the car I just had come on from BRS.

This is what I might weather the car like.

He had it listed for $35.00 "Light scuffs" on the roof. Well...a little paste wax and it's like new.

Will remotor to MT-1 for our series.

All in all great service from BRS. I don't get many NINCO models anymore due to the high price but once in awhile you find a deal :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: NINCO Austin Healey "Sport Red"

Postby Flytoo » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:08 pm

Very purdy! Congrats!
Flytoo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Yep. Same here. I got two, one to paint. For the first time in I don't know how long, both of the cars are in top shape, much less, damaged as the price indicated. I really don't remember the last Ninco I had that wasn't screwed up in some way (oval wheels, split wheels, bent axles, etc.). I'm going to do the usual truing and tuning, but honestly, I think these would do just fine without it. A very nice surprise.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:48 pm

Great, great car. THAT is a PERFECT price for these. If that were normal, I'd own a fleet...someone call Ninc...oh, nevermind.

Rob - can't wait to see what you paint.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ListerStormGT » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Yep got mine today also, a little wax and looks like new. Great deal for these! I should have done what Rob did and got one to repaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:46 pm

I've got enough of the Healeys with a ragtop, a coupe and a roadster. I grabbed a Porsche 550 Spyder instead to hopefully turn into a Denise McCluggage car.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby goosenapper » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:58 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:36 pm

I wondered when I posted about the surprising build quality, if Murphy's Law was going to come around and smack me. Yep. I got the Jaguar XK120 in the mail today, and sure enough, Ninco hasn't changed, I just got lucky with the Austin Healys. The Jaguar on the track does the same old Ninco Hoppin' and Boppin', Doin' the Crocodile Rock down the track. Oh well. It fixes the same way all the others do.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby DAVE » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:23 pm

The photo of the real car appears to be a 100/4 or 100S. I have one of the Nincos I am backdating from
the BJ-8 to a 100/4. One question on your model; are the fender vents actually through the fender
or just decals? If the vents are real, I might pick one up to do FAC 6 or FAC 7.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:44 pm

If you are talking about the triangular figure just behind the front fender, directly below the side trim name plate, it is a decal or tampo. I had talked myself into thinking it wasn't a vent but some design that was part of the livery.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby DAVE » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:17 pm

It is a vent on the real cars. The factory installed them on rally and competition cars to help
get the heat out from the engine compartment. Healeys have long been known for running hot,
and on left side steer cars you can actually blister your feet. I installed insulation on the firewall
of mine to help keep the floor cool.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:32 pm

HA! My MGA wouldn't get hot if you burned it. In fact, I'd say that the engine cooling system worked better than anything else on the car, including the top, everything electrical, box heater, seat adjuster, glove box lid... Its a wonder I loved it so much.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Dave, I am happy you actually thought NINCO would redo the mold. The belt on the hood is authentic artificial pleather though. Talk about collectible eh?

And hey, look at you. New name color and part of a new group. I knew you guys were special. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DAVE » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:50 pm

I expected the hood strap to be fake. I was just hoping they would make the vents
real. I'm not sure I want to go through the trouble of making vents, especially since
the boot lid is wrong also.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mayberryman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:06 pm

Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale