[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Odd Scalextric Mustang Observation!

Odd Scalextric Mustang Observation!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Odd Scalextric Mustang Observation!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:40 pm

So, I have about 10 of the 1969/1970 Mustangs from Scalextric in addition to the 8-10 of these chassis under other resin bodies. I just picked up the Smokey Yunick Black/Gold Mustang last weekend.

The case was sealed perfectly, and the car is perfect looking. Never been on the track, so I try to run it, and the guide keeps falling out of the chassis. Upon inspection I find the following issues:

The guide's hole is larger in diameter than any other one I have and will not hold the guide
The guide return spring is missing
The wires used to have clips that held it on to the pickups - this car has them simply soldered on - and rather sloppily at that as one just came off and will require a re-soldering

Anyone else seen these issues?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: Odd Scalextric Mustang Observation!

Postby redsypher » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:52 pm

I don't remember mine being like that. Sounds fishy.... You get it from a shop or on-line?

Billy
redsypher

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Yes, very odd. Might have to investigate this one. Maybe shoot them an email?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby MoparGreg » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:12 pm

That sounds strange to me. Did you buy it from a retailer or someone else? If you bought it from someone else Im thinking maybe its been tampered with or if you got it from a retailer maybe its a Friday afternoon special?
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:47 pm

I got it from a retailer online and had to break the seal on the case.

I modified it to get it working, but I'll shoot Scalextric a note.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby MoparGreg » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:13 pm

It must be a friday afternoon special then. That sucks
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Derby City Speedway » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:30 am

Derby City Speedway
Derby City King

Postby dreinecke » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:14 am

It was a Scalextric sticker that was sealing it. A white one with the model number of the car on it.

It was the Yunick car...is that a special edition or something?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Burglar » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:05 am

Yes, I have had exactly the same issue with my Yunick. Warped chassis too. Also the front bumper was glued in upside down.

Seems like Scalextric made all of these at 4.30pm on a Friday. Another Aussie on the local forum has had the same issue of the guide falling out.

I replaced mine with a B-NOVA conversion and Slot.It CH10. That stopped the problem. The hole in the chassis is bored too big. Defective batch
Burglar

Postby joe lister » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:15 am

joe lister

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:09 am

Very odd, and suspicious. Here's more mystery on the subject-- I bought the same car on the same sale at the same vendor, and mine is perfect in every way, and I looked hard for faults after reading this. Furthermore, like every Scaley I ever had, there was no seal or anything like a seal. If anything, this is one of the smoother box stock Scaley Mustangs I have, and there are 22 of them.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HutchTrickStar » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:05 pm

I had the same exact problem with the Yunick Mustang. Brand new and the guide would come right out. I'm glad to hear it isn't common. I want more. The fastback Mustang is one of my favorite cars.
HutchTrickStar

Postby redsypher » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:21 pm

I don't recall having any of the newer style Scaley cases "sealed". hmmmm
redsypher

Postby dreinecke » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:11 pm

Funny enough...I just looked and my front bumper is upside down as well! In addition, I noticed the "holder" that screws down over the guide spring is not present, and the holes are not threaded as they would be had a screw ever been run into them.

I think what we have here is an example of the build quality that is becoming prevalent in China. I'm pretty sure Pioneer was on the receiving end of these types of quality issues that necessitated their changing factories.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:31 pm

That doesn't explain the "seal" on the box. I suspect the car was sold here in the US, returned in bad shape, partially repaired, and sealed to keep parts from falling out.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale