[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pioneer Camaro Initial Paint Schemes

Pioneer Camaro Initial Paint Schemes

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Pioneer Camaro Initial Paint Schemes

Postby ListerStormGT » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:10 am

Wayne, I too was surprised when I received the email from Pioneer yesterday and it listed those 3 cars as limited editions. There was no mention of them being "limited" back when they were first announced. I expect the white kits will be available also which will give you endless repaint options.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:43 am

I understand manufacturers doing limited editions as to not to have a product sitting around not selling.

But when you have so many people who have preordered these close to a year ago or more, it doesn't leave any for guys who would like to buy one now.....

It sounds like it will be lucky if there is enough to fill just the pre orders with?

Good thing they are bringing out white kits.

Let us hope they will not be limited also.....

Wayne
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:44 am

Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:51 am

Baford1, BRP32, ListerStormGT, bibbster, Jesla.

I understand your concerns regarding the Limited Edition aspect but, in reality, we are making enough to go round.

The very welcome keen attitude and positive buying signals received from you guys does not actually translate into sales of multiple 1000’s of any particular model. No matter how you extrapolate the math, enthusiastic signals from across all the slot car forums does not equate to mega sales.

Supply and demand has to be monitored very carefully, especially in such a low margin product. I anticipate that the true ‘must buy’ sales figures – on the board right now from genuine buyers – does not exceed 400 units for, say, the Al Green example. That will leave a few hundred to filter through for the buyers who just happen upon them over the next year or so.

All the newly announced models are available to order right now – the dealers have the info. Backed up by a soft marketing campaign across all international forums, social media on FB and Twitter and an email broadcast system will ensure that anyone that has expressed an interest will be aware of these models. Sure, in a few years time, if a new slot guy gets interested in picking up some Pioneer models he may have a hard time find a LE example at a regular price but that is very normal across all brands.

In the light of much disappointing sales news from many other makers, we must accept that the market for slot cars over the last few years is, at the very best, a level line. The maker has to be smart without ticking off its core ‘racing’ buyer but the maker must also provide a product that is desirable to the biggest sales sector which is the slot car collector.

Thank you all for your support and I hope the above has explained the situation a little.

All the best,

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:05 am

Thank you Jules for your response.

At least for me anyhow when I first heard of these cars being produced I was over joyed!

Then when I heard of all the pre orders already taken and the limited amount of cars being produced I was bummed....

By you coming on this board and explaining the situation helps put us guys at ease a bit that didn't pre order knowing that there is still a few hundred available that are not preordered yet.

Thank you again for your time and producing what looks to be a very nice car!

Wayne
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:58 pm

I just knew Jules was going to knock our socks off again. And, as was discussed last week here on HRW, we appreciate and will respond to your holding the line on prices, too, Jules. I think that's what I admire first about you, after the high quality product.

What really won me over was the chassis and parts availability and the extra decals in the white kit Mustangs. Cheers, Jules.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby JULES » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Ah yes, Master bibbster. A top man, you are.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:08 pm

Jules,

Thanks for the info. Will the Limited Edition cars be individually numbered?

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:22 pm

I don't have a wife to appeal to my rational side so I'm going to have at least one of each.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dr fabio » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:30 pm

Got my 398 Al Green cars on pre-order. That should leave enough for 2 other players. :D

Grabs hat and coat and leaves the room quickly.

cheers
Dr Fabio
dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burglar » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:57 pm

Burglar

Postby joe lister » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:54 am

joe lister

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:25 pm

I think I will be getting the red one with the white stripes. They all look great.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:43 pm

...Very nice and most happy to see this project coming to fruition!!!

Will be getting at least one, all so darned nice though, ahh, was always had trouble making decisions :)

Cheers,

Rupert.
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale