[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Paul's Tires

Paul's Tires

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Paul's Tires

Postby Quickcars » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:57 am

I have to give props to Paul and his great product. I have a small, routed 3 lane track. It is painted with flat latex paint. Paul's tires have literally brought several of my older cars back to life! They are round, provide EXECELLANT grip and even look the part due to the outer sidewall appearance.

I also appreciate that he processes orders quickly. I have ordered quite a few pairs in the last month or so with no dissapointment whatsoever. I must also add that the range of tires/fitments is impressive as well.

I have been on a major buying kick of late and have acquired upwards of 25 cars in about the last 30 days or so. Almost every one of these cars now sports some of Paul's urethane magic! I mean everything from Scaley Transam Mustangs to BBR Ferraris to Fly Ferrari 512s to Ninco JGTC to HPI Skylines and Slot.it Alfas.

Well done my man and thank you for making a great product and increasing my enjoyment of this hobby.

Paul

ps...The lower profile Fly Classic tire was/is a great idea. No more rubbing!!!!
Last edited by Quickcars on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Paul's Tires

Postby ElSecundo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Totally agree. I'm usually the last guy to change tires, but when the originals finally give up, Paul's tires are a great change. Really brings cars back to life. They are also some of the easiest tires to work with. They stretch and conform if you need them to (without tearing), they sand easily, and they provide grip without making the cars jumpy.

And he's a good guy to boot, so how can you go wrong? :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:49 pm

I second El Secundo. And I'll see your stock replacements and raise you his very nice tires that are cast from other sources, like the very nice stocker and modified tires he makes.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ElSecundo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:59 pm

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:08 pm

I forth you? Sounds bad.

And I'll raise you his ability to create different size options for the same wheel :)

Good to see other folks chiming in about things like this. The grass roots guys in our hobby are responsible for the glorious time we have now.

I said glorious in my best Jules accent.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:15 pm

Uh-oh. Harry's got cards- he's bumping the bet. Time to try to remember how much is in the pot.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:40 am

So it seems he responded and gave you very good advice.

Gluing helps keep them on the wheel and prevents unwanted expansion.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:18 am

Hi all, I have been talking jot Paul about some tyres. What do you all think about his XPG tyres?

I have made my own Shore 40 urethane (thanks to Paul's help) and was thinking of trying Paul's XPG or shore 30 tyres

I mostly run on non Mage wood though there is a coup,e of plastic tracks in the group I ace with

Cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:23 am

I like them on my wood surface and they seem to work equally well on Carrera. On other surfaces that are a bit more abrasive, I cannot say.

On abrasive surfaces like classic Scaley/SCX and NINCO, the stronger silicones like Supertires and Indygrips seem to be the racers choice. Old school Indys and urethanes that are easily sanded just grind away too quickly on these surfaces.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale