[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pioneer news

Pioneer news

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Pioneer news

Postby dreinecke » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:33 am

Nope, Jules just said after the Camaro. Since we've now seen a Camaro in the raw, I'm assuming that means parts have been made and I'm hopeful that it is released and in stores prior to Christmas.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:47 am

Our group went through this scale situation with the Champion 1/24 Legends (really a 1/32 Womp), and had to explain again and again that they are 1/24 cars that are small in real life. Not that any of that matters, but it does remind me of what Mark said a few posts back.

Care has to be taken with a car that is small to begin with in not overpowering or underpowering it. I'm sure Jules has done a great job on this, just because he always does a great job. The Champion Legends were ridiculously overpowered, heavy and downright dangerous on our tracks. One hit my thumb as I reached over the track and it took five stitches to close the wound. I still have a scar that looks like the front of a guide.

These may look like a 1/43 car, but with an original chassis and a reasonable motor, I think we'll adapt fast the same way we did for those go-carts that Ninco did just before they priced themselves into outer space. We had so much fun with those things, especially after we found out we could put Tomy Tiger motors in them and Supertires on them. We did IROC races, open modified races, stock with tire changes, all kinds of stuff. In those days they didn't cost a fortune, so we all had several. I think I still have four of them, one in each color of the lanes for IROC.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby frank9129 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:52 am

I let the kids run 1:43 cars on my track. They like the Carrera theme cars. They just get a little squirreley coming out of the corners. But, the kids adapt.
The Scalextric 1:43 guides hold real well.
Frank
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alaskaracer » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:04 pm

I think that they will be similar in handling to the ninco minis, in that they are nearly square and slide nicely and spin out rather than flipping.
Alaskaracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:05 pm

The Legends will be true to the size they are in real life but at 1:32, so yes they are small. They will weigh more than a typical 1:43 car - the chassis will be chunky and the body shell thicker than normal slot cars.
Also, we have increased the wheel track by 10% (using a little SLot Car License) to add stability.
The standard motor will be a TYPHOON, assuming most will be used in magnet form.
If you want to pull the mag out and find it overpowered, you can swap out the motor for one of our new 'Hop Down' 15k LT motors or replace it with anything you like to your driving taste.

Jules

JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:14 pm

Great update, Jules. Now about those Camaros...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby JULES » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:20 pm

I was having a look at a pre-production Camaro proto today. I must say I think it looks triffic. I think one or two pics might find their way onto this fine forum within 24hrs.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby olskoolslotz » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Last edited by olskoolslotz on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
olskoolslotz
"THE Champ"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:15 pm

LOL, you made my day with that.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Alaskaracer » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:57 pm

So it could be a Legendary Christmas?!
Alaskaracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:15 am

ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:58 pm

Those 3-D isometrics look good but when can we see a pic of the real model?
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Razoo » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Love the legends (I'll take one of each). Hows the Javelin coming along?
Razoo

Postby Modlerbob » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:17 pm

At first I wasn't sure I would add any of these to my stable of cars, but the longer we wait for their arrival the greater my interest in getting a couple increases.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby frank9129 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:37 am

Jules,
With all the interest in the Legends be sure to make a couple extra so I can get a full track.
Frank
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale