[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF! Ready for the weekend :)

TGIF! Ready for the weekend :)

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF! Ready for the weekend :)

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:18 am

Well, today is starting out to be a good day. HRW Jim is going to play hooky with me and pay us a visit. We have plenty of cars to play with that is for sure. PLUS going to grill up some good old Johnsonville's with extra jalapeno and onions :)

Project GTO might go in a different direction chassis wise. Due to the rake they have built into it, I am thinking to swap to a classic NASCAR chassis.

Jalopy waiting for fresh rubber and paint. Man, I am getting slow :)

Hope all of you have a good one this weekend.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF! Ready for the weekend :)

Postby Jesla » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:31 am

With a little luck I'll have a new LMM Dauer Porsche to play with instead of cutting the grass.....

Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby valie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:32 am

Off to the club in an hour's time. Le Mans Prototypes tonight!
valie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:39 am

I am working tonight
back to work at 8 am in the morning
Sunday I will be in the shop putting my new ground angle plate on the mill, and getting some Razor's and jig's ready
Nick you are first

Tom left the pull back cop slot car here so I will run that car with lights and sirens :whistle:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby JESIV » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:04 am

Bowling league tonight

Slot Racing tomorrow night with Dad and pzooc.

Put the finishing touches on some recent repaints and get the photos up.

Start putting decals on my non-White Scaley Chaparral.

Threaten to clean out the garage

Grill burgers and drink beer instead of cleaning out the garage!
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:12 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:59 pm

the Ford J-car! that brings it back.
man, that was one of the worst handling cars, scale or 1:1, that i've ever seen (with the posssible exception of the lola t-70).
even Mario couldn't drive it ("this handles like a trash can!") and neither could i, no matter how i built it. although with the horns on the front it sure did look cool.
good luck man.
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:59 pm

This weekend, I'm fixing my legs... Well, the golf cart I get around in on the property and running back and forth next door. There are 6 batteries, 8 volts each, and they are longer and taller than a normal car (1956-1985), battery, and they weigh 90 pounds each. They are packed in tight in the battery spot, and the only good way for me to get them out is with an old engine hoist I have sitting in the barn and a chain rig I dreamed up. Today, I got the old ones out, and the new set ($840), goes in tomorrow. I found out after I had the old one out that the reason they were so tight in there was that they were jammed in by the 1/2 inch of corrosion that surrounded them in the frame rails. It took two hours of chipping and spraying corrosion eater and flushing with a high pressure hose to uncover the proper spots for the batteries to sit. Of course, all the battery cables were junk, so were the hold down bolts. What a mess.

By this time tomorrow I expect the golf cart to be a hot rod and a half. The batteries I removed today were 5.5 years old.
Last edited by waaytoomuchintothis on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby MoparGreg » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:04 pm

This weekend Im just finishing up a few things around the house. Also unpacking as Ive been travelling for the last week or so. Ive got camping gear all over the house.

Next weekend Ill be routing my track so just getting things ready for that. Oh & hope to lay some paint down on my 70 Javelins Im building.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Harry has inspired me to finish several project I have been procrastinating on. I have to work both Sat, and Sunday but at night I am going to work on the road course, I'll post pick of progress soon, in the wood forum and I am going to work on a motor swap for the new Scaley Clark Lotus. We raced them with Marks motors and they are sweet. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm not sure what I'll be doing this weekend. Maybe work on a few projects, probably completing none. :lol: Kind of rainy and cold right now. :cry:
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Quickcars » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm goin gto finish Tuning my "Martini" Lancia Beta and Front motored fly "Sachs" Capri. It's running very well already and I'm surprised that is just a tick slower than the Racing versions I have!

I just received my "Day off" Ninco McLaren so I'm going to spend some time tuning it as well. Mostly though, I'll putting in lots of laps with the Group 5 toys...

Slot on dudes!

QC
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Woke up to a light dusting of white stuff...WHAT?!? - Yes, that was my wife expressing her love for snow. It was gone by breakfast. Zeus, on the other hand bounded off the deck like a puppy.

Had my good friend, Mr. W, come over for some racing today. Ran all sorts of stuff and I showed him the tuning tricks I learned from HRW. He really had a ball with the M/T motored vintage GP cars from MRRC, some T/A action with SCX Cudas and Pioneer Mustangs, and the R/M Grand National cars - I am SO happy I tuned them before surgery!

Watched Dark Shadows this evening and had a fire in the fireplace. DS was a very Tim Burton movie, but it features numerous gorgeous cars from the 1970's, some very funny references tp the era, music, and Alice Cooper has a part. Very funny!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby valie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:46 am

Quite an eventful evening we had, last night. I could only qualify sixth fastest with the Slot.it Lola, which meant that I had to really push in the race. In the end I placed just off the podium in fourth place, not bad for a car still in development as I have not found all the setup possibilities yet. I am almost as chuffed with my result as I was with my podium place last week.
valie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DixonJohn » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:00 am

Hope to get some more work done to my 23 Ford dirt roadster and start the body work on my 59 T-Bird.The big project is going to be the framework for my new fold down oval
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale