[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera 50's Era Racers

Carrera 50's Era Racers

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Carrera 50's Era Racers

Postby goosenapper » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:06 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Carrera 50's Era Racers

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:38 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby borninthe50s » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:48 am

I loved these cars! I'm going to have a bunch for sale including the DB3, 166, A6 and D-type. All mine were converted to ninco NC-1 motors to run with my ninco classics and with a little tuning they ran great. I've got one on the for sale page right now and I am more than a little surprised nobody's bought it. 50s
borninthe50s

Postby DaveKennedy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:23 am

BTW, there's a dealer in Toronto, Panther Hobbies, that has the Ouvo Ferrari (forget how you speeeel it) a red one and the silver/blue one, and two of the T-birds still. I don't think he has the Astons anymore though.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby goosenapper » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:49 am

Oh yeah, that Ferrari! Thanks for pointing that out. I had seen that before, and I guess I'll have to add that to my wishlist now too! I've got this bad habit of getting in to a line years after it's been released. Sometimes that means the cars are cheaper, other times it means I have to sell a kidney.

Harry made a good point in his Corvette thread that Carrera is coming out with the Cobras and the Cheetas, so hopefully we'll see a resurgence in their classic sports car line. Even though those two are from the 60's, the cars still had character.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:09 am

I thought that bug-eyed Ferrari was one of the goofiest cars I'd ever seen when it came out, so of course I had to have two. I was amazed at how great they were with only a tire change. Get some tall skinny urethanes on those pretty wire wheels, and sit back to see the show. Truth be known, that car was the reason I bought the Barchetta later. Another great car, by the way. I will say that an NC-1 type motor would make them both even more fun.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby DAVE » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:28 pm

You guys forgot the best one of all. The Mercedes SLR with Santa Claus driving and baby Jesus in the
passenger seat.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby borninthe50s » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:36 pm

borninthe50s

Postby HRWJim » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:37 pm

I too love these old cars. I have the Ferrari Harry spoke of with Marks motor and Paul G. tires and she runs well. I have the DB3 I am working on now. They also had a DB4( I know it"s 60's era but still cool. I can't find my version of that and fear I sold it at some point.) I would love to find another. These along with the Vette Harry repainted are several I wish they would bring back. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bkrownd » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:26 pm

The A6GCS is very cute, but needs a lot of work to cure its deep desire to roll over in every curve.

bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale