[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pioneer '68 Camaro Sunoco, any good?

Pioneer '68 Camaro Sunoco, any good?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Pioneer '68 Camaro Sunoco, any good?

Postby Austin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:28 pm

If any member of HRW with over 100 posts would like to run one of my Pioneer mustangs with their Tran-am cars Just PM me and you must post photos and your findings. My cars are setup for wooden non-magnet tracks

I love these cars , They look great, Nice job Pioneer

Once I set a Camaro I will make the same offer. :text-thankyouyellow:
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby a110alpine » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:51 pm

usually when a product like this is released it is sure sign that the company is in trouble. moving to china ,extracting as much profit as possible and producing a product unsatisfactory is inexcusable. it will be interesting to see what pioneer does. i don't think they expected too many customers to actually take the cars out of the case and run them.... you can blame yourselves for this one. there should be no such thing as a shelf queen.
a110alpine

Postby Ember » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:58 pm

I would really like to know why the big delay on deliveries to Aust and US dealers. I mean, we're well used to having to wait an extra 2 weeks or so... but this is beyond that. I wish others could follow Slot.it's method of releasing same day world wide. I know it relies on having the dealers follow the plan but, it's fair on everyone.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby JULES » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:21 pm

Thank you for that constructive business analytics info, a110alpine.
Lovely to have you onboard the Fun Boat but I'm not completely convinced you have a clue what you are talking about.
Getting to be par for the course.

BTW, the shift key on your keyboard is broken. An unsatisfactory product, you must concur.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Oooppps.....

....We are heading into ad hominem world guys, I in no way anticipated any personal attacks from starting this thread.

I have known David for many years now and know him to be up front, a straight shooter, if he has observed issues in a product I have no reason whatsoever to doubt him, Jules, conspiracy? Really?

a110alpine, don't know what that was all about, pretty irrelevant input to the discussion really, we are looking at toy cars, not assessing the merits or otherwise of a business venture.

Look, I love Pioneer models, great cars, just the sort of model I'm attracted to, I wanted a heads up on what I could expect, I got an objective response from people that are really dedicated to this hobby.

I'll enjoy running the Camaro, Ill also enjoy tuning it, hell, it certainly wont be the first model that has need work to get it working well, I think thats half the fun sometimes :)

Jules, Brickbats and Bouquets mate.....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:31 pm

I now have one on the way. Photos of the car look great, I can't wait :flags-waveusa:
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:36 pm

:text-bravo:

Same here Austin, Ive been watching You Tube footage of the prototype to "prime" me for when the model arrives, going to be sweet!
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby a110alpine » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:07 pm

jules--- i was one of the first in the u.s. to bring fly and ninco cars into the country... i know the first to bring them into california. srt, slot classic, reprotec, policar, barcelona ,anni mini, mini replicas and some others that some may remember soon followed..took them to raceways and hobby dealers to promote interest because i wanted to see the hobby grow. spent a sizable fortune on these little treasures..never expected much because holding them in my hands was just so cool. a slot car lover's dream come true. the initial pioneer offerings were beautiful... i never bought one because at the time i came to the conclusion i had more enjoyment building my own treasures than buying a rtr. . i had become lazy. inexcusable... for me... if i would have bought a pioneer car it would have been the entire line......simply because that is what i did.....if you had produced them a couple of months earlier i would have them all. you indirectly answered my query though...
a110alpine

Postby Ember » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:25 pm

C'mon guys. This sort of thing does no one any good.

Bilby, hope you will have a chance to show us your Camaro when it arrives. I know I'm looking forward to having one on my track.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby SuperSlab » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:50 pm

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Well that is a positive thing, a110alpine. I have answered your query however indirectly or cryptically it may have appeared to be.

Ember, you know as well as I do that this kind of stuff will just keep on going.

Nothing wrong with the original post you started Cosmic, but it opened the door for the rest of the thread.

I have no reason at all to doubt David's analysis of his particular model. Unfortunately, in this sort of environment it encourages or persuades opinion and judgement that can be costly to a business. Some folks, as is clear from the posts, will think that all product now being made is sub-standard. This is not the case. The damage is done however. "I'm done with Pioneer" "I've cancelled my order" and "PIoneer is just not worth the effort any more" are some of the results as written in the earlier posts.

Superslab, I will try and make some time to respond to you. I carefully respond where appropriate. Responding properly to you could take several hours of analysis of both David's and your review. It's 2am here in London.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Thank you Jules: I appreciate that feedback. Looking forward to your response.

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:21 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale