[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF - Hello November

TGIF - Hello November

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF - Hello November

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:10 am

Well, are we ready for our version of the "silly season?"

It is going to be very busy around here in the next couple of months. Lot of newcomers arriving with questions and luckily they stopped in here. Because you folks always help out the newcomers and that is the most important thing.

The forum is back up and updated. We had a few issues, and I appreciate some of you being patient. Although my ignorance caused the shutdown, good old Microsoft, specifically Internet Explorer, is the real problem. They updated some files and in doing so caused errors in the standard box for inserting images and links. This is why we moved to the new pop up box method. Still works, just a new box.

Reviews, reviews! Stay tuned as there are more coming! Look for articles on older models as well as brand new. There are so many cars and sometimes we miss some. Just because they older does not mean they are not important. They are still out there on hobby shop shelves and worth talking about :)

Thanks again to all who help out around here. Cannot thank you all enough for the help.

Now back to work, we have articles to publish :) Hope you all have a great weekend!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Hello November

Postby ElSecundo » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:16 am

Looking forward to silly season, Harry! It's been pretty stressful around here, and it'll be good to go back to playing with some toy cars, and getting back to my track project. :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby moparjenny » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:43 am

TGIF is right. I need this weekend to "de-stress" and relax. It's been a crazy week. I guess I'll spend a bit of time just driving around for no reason in the BRZ. That'll help, I'm sure.
moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:20 am

Little boogerbutt drives supercars all the time and gets paid to do it! Grrrr.

I'm so proud...
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby moparjenny » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:12 am

moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:34 pm

Its boring to keep saying this, but I'll work on the track all weekend. While it was stored, moisture got to the MDF and several parts swelled and no longer line up. I'm carving some of them, but some will have to be Bondo'ed and re-routed. Between Rockhard and Bondo, the track looks polka dotted in pink and beige on the gray roadway.

To make it more depressing, something's wrong with my Bondo, and it didn't get hard overnight. I'm going out to dig it out in a few minutes and do it again. AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:22 pm

Happy November to you guys.

Glorious late spring day here. Hopefully I can talk HL into wandering off fishing so I can sit outside under a tree with styrene sheet, glue, sandpaper and putty and get some car revamping done.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Love it! Snow on the way and I'm ready for winter!

Going to my friend Chris Walter's house to race tomorrow. His track is in the latest MCR mag. This will be the last running of it, as he's got the wood bug and we are going over his design tomorrow.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby RazorJon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:27 pm

Tire Razor is ready for the season to start, we got lathes and Razors in stock :flags-waveusa:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Cheater » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:54 pm

Cheater
I've got Major Medical

Postby RazorJon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:57 pm

Cheater :laughing-rolling: :bow-blue:

You old Irish I love you man
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby cantstopnow » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:38 am

Grabbed some stuff today to finish up track wiring for my new table. Will have all four lanes running tomorrow, then on to timing system. A lot of little stuff to do on the track, andcars to work on so I will stay busy. I will get a thread going in track section with photos tomorrow.

John W.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:22 am

I'm working on another project. One that has been waiting much too long. I also need to get things around the old homestead ready for the snow flakes and cold weather. It's time to play inside now. :)

Jenny you go girl! If I were in your shoes I would do exactly the same thing. I would drive everything I could get my hands on. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:41 am

Cheater, is it wrong to say its old and now I'll have to add more hardener? Besides, I think I sanded it too much before.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby sidedraft » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:22 am

Can't believe its Nov. already!, helping the club guys today blowing in ceiling insulation for our new 28x30 addition for a dedicated slot car room.
When we get done in a few weeks we will have a monster 4 lane Carrera digital oval/ road course track. We will still be able to race tonite in the race shop where the 1 to 1 race cars are till the addition is finished can't wait :banana-dance: , will post pics soon.
sidedraft

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale