So we raced on our first wood oval track last nite

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

So we raced on our first wood oval track last nite

Postby sidedraft » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:53 pm

We were invited to run on a wood blue king 4 lane oval last nite it was challenging to say the least, first time for us. We brought a plastic knife to a machine gun fight, anyway they glue their track surface & run foam tires using 1/24 womp cars, we brought our best 1/32 slot.it cars with yellow dog silicone tires, imagine what we were doing? (drifting to say the least) if we go back do they make foam tires/wheels to fit our cars? are they worth the extra cost or do we stay on plastic tracks?
Still way new at this & want to learn more. We are planning to visit Clover leaf raceway & they have a large wood track & don't want to be imba--rassed. :lol:
Thanks guys.
sidedraft

Re: So we raced on our first wood oval track last nite

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Guess it depends on what you are wanting to do. Is this a place you plan to race at often?

They make foams for those cars that will fit, I would call Professor Motor. Talk to them and get the right part numbers.

Never used them and I stay away from any track that uses glue.

Others here do, so I am sure they will chime in.

Contact Cloverleaf and just ask them what setup they advise. See if they are using glue and if they have the tires you need.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: So we raced on our first wood oval track last nite

Postby ElSecundo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Clover Leaf? Bring your A-game. :)
No glue, and you'll need very well prepared Supertires, ie, perfectly glued and trued. This is an art form, and it takes quite a while to do it properly, assuming you have a quality tire truer.

Contact Moby Dick -- he's a regular, and tunes a mean, mean car. :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale