[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Need help with brass chassis on Monogram Stockers

Need help with brass chassis on Monogram Stockers

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Need help with brass chassis on Monogram Stockers

Postby cantstopnow » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:15 am

I was going to use HRS2 chassis under these car but due to budget concerns I was thinking of building some brass chassis to slide under them. looking for ideas, tips, tricks and pics from some of the more experts on this subject. Spent about the last week cruzing the web for ideas. Got some good ones, but I thought I would wait to hear from the best, Thanks
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Need help with brass chassis on Monogram Stockers

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:16 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby smithspeedway » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:02 pm

A lot of scratchbuilders buy a womp chassis for 8 bucks, and then narrow/lengthen to suit.

If you don't want the side pans, this is a good starting platform:

My son has a lengthened Sprints Plus chassis under his 1/32 scale 68 Roadrunner, with EJ's wheels and tires.
smithspeedway
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby The Blue 7 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:13 pm

Hey Harry how about that chassis
you built for the GTO ?
I'd like to see it again myself.
' 7 '
The Blue 7

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:44 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DAVE » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:36 pm

I just finished a resin bodied car using JK's new direct drive motor. I ran it at SlotoberFest and
it was quite competitive. Next is to put one of these motors in a plastic chassis, probably a
Monogram stocker. This will put the motor down low in the chassis and eliminate the need
for gears.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cantstopnow » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Thanks for all the info guys, Tha is why I call this place home. I have tried alot of stuff on the stock monogram chassis. Motor laid down, slot it axle, gears, motor, nsr tires ect. Still just seem to tippy for me, They still tend to tip over. I was running on a wood track and will be again soon. So that is what got me thinking about the brass chassis. I have plenty of parts for these cars. With the basic HRS 2 chassis at around $25.00, I thought if I can save enough on chassis, I can get more SCC rims I like. I will take a look at the stock chassis mods again and see if there is something I am missing... I do tend to like my cars to run way fast. Also going to price some brass..I'll also post up some pics of what I have done to my stock chassis.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:38 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale