[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Capri Collection

Carrera Capri Collection

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Carrera Capri Collection

Postby MrAdept » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:31 pm

The orange #70 arrived this week from Germany, and the blue, turquoise and red from the UK.
The red and orange need digital boards and I will be ready to go!

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Carrera Capri Collection

Postby TsgtRet » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Very cool; had a 74 Capri and a 76 Capri II Ghia, loved them both. They were much better that the Mustang Clones and Aussie convertibles that came later here in the States. Haven't seen the orange one before, where, in Germany, did you get it?
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrAdept » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:23 pm

The Orange one is a limited edition for possibly H+T in Germany. Model number is 27306
I got that one from ebay.de - although the shipping is a bit high at 32 euros from Germany.
I also bought a second one on amazon.de also. There are a couple still there.

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:40 pm

Nice field. It is fun to collect a series now and then.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Reslotted » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Nice collection, I like Capris, except the 90's convertible front drive thingy already mentioned. The South African Ford People somehow managed to stuff 302,s into them and sold them as Piranhas.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:03 pm

I still drive a 1973 2600 Capri as my daily driver, I have a 1973 awaiting a 302 transplant and there is a 1974 2300 belonging to a friend sharing the driveway space. Last month we had 21 MK1 and MKII Capris together in Ohio for our annual "SWARM", and another 12 at Watkins Glen in June for the SVRA Vintage races. All told I've had six street Capris since 1979.

My 1/32 collection consists of at least two of all the same Carrera models you show (The orange "Zakspeed "Tuner" was a challenge!), as well as multiples all the various standard FLY Group 5 models, at least one each of the rear engined chassis racing versions, all three Racer Sideways Capris to date, five different Scalextric MKIII Capri's from the 1970's, and two of the Team Slot RS2600s and now one or more the first seven of the SRC Capri's released.

Add to that the resin bodied MKI's I've been building for the CanAm and Ponycar proxies for the last couple of years, last years Group5 scratchbuilt chassis Capri, and two just finished MK I's (using SRC Bodies) for the 2014 CanAm proxy....and you see the addiction!

I have made a promise however, I'm not going to buy multiples of any more of the Capris, I used to buy at least two (or three, four, five) of each car with the intent to race a couple and have one pristine for delay, but I haven't got the shelf space and 90% of them are shelf queens.

I am missing the Holy Grail of Capri's: The Scalextric "General Lee" I almost got one last week and then bidding slipped my mind and it went for less than $30!!!!!! :angry-tappingfoot:

Don M

Don M
mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:56 am

I love the Carrera Capri, smooth and fast, without a doubt one of their best runners!

That orange example is exceptional :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:12 am

Great looking collection!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby mrollingthunder » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:57 pm

The orange one is listed as a Zakspeed 1973 RS "Tuner" by Carrera. It was released for the Nuremburg Toy fair. If you want one you had better "jump" at the chance, there were only 999 made for the toy show and therefore they were only available in Germany. Not as bad as SRC though, they are killing me with the release of 100 and 500 numbered editions!

Don M
mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrAdept » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:08 pm

Thought I'd add this shot of the driver...

Definitely 70's or maybe even the big-hair 80's

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:52 pm

mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrAdept » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:07 pm

MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!