[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - I took the short bus. Modified VW Bus.

I took the short bus. Modified VW Bus.

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

I took the short bus. Modified VW Bus.

Postby FootScoot » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:10 pm

Last edited by FootScoot on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Re: I took the short bus. Modified VW Bus.

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Oh boy...look at this.

I see you and Bibbster going at it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby FootScoot » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys. I had fun building this little thing. I think Jeremy's would be faster than this one. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby ListerStormGT » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 am

Ken, that is cool. Is that a wind up thingy on the back? You and Jeremy need to get those on a track together.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:07 pm

FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby FootScoot » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:31 pm

Yep, I figured it might handle better as an anglewinder. Kind of the best of both worlds. :D
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby dreinecke » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:27 pm

That chassis is NUTS! Great stuff!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dge467 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Very cool looking!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Slydog2009 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:00 pm

Nice Shorty VW Bus Ken! I think I've seen a full size shorty VW Bus with the wind-up key on the back, was that your inspiration?

Bibbster, I saw your build-up post of your pick-up VW Bus. You went a whole different direction than I thought it was going to be... but your VW Bus has character and I could see you driving around in that Bus with your big ol' Purple Mug of coffee and stereo blastin! :D

Nice build Ken, bet it's fun to watch it go around the track! Just don't overwind it! :D

You guys inspired me to get out my old 1/24 scale Bugs and Van Man VW Bus and yes I was smiling watching it go around the track!

-Jon
Slydog2009

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:20 pm

Many years ago, I had a battery powered key that mounted on the engine cover of my VW Beetle (no surprise, eh? its me after all). They were sold by VW parts places and the wings on the key were about two feet from tip to tip. I remember the warning that you couldn't drive faster than 25mph with it mounted. There was one that had a hard pivot and angled wings that would spin as you drove, but I never saw one other than in pictures.

Also, I bet that chassis handles like it runs on rails with a wider track than its wheelbase.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby cantstopnow » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:15 am

Both those bugs are just F'n Sweet guys! Nice builds
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:58 am

Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:54 am

Not that I know of David. I just had fun building this little bus, besides I recycled a chassis that wasn't being used. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale