[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What a lot of work! I did it- all four!

What a lot of work! I did it- all four!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: What a lot of work!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:09 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: What a lot of work! I did it- all four!

Postby FootScoot » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:41 pm

Holy Cow! That is just plain cool! 8-) You know how partial I am to these little fellers. Great job on those wheels too. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Ember » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:23 pm

Congratulations. Looks great. But I still think you're bonkers. :)
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Aw Embs, you say the sweetest things... But yes, its a genetic thing. My father was a loon.

Dave and Ken, as fellow small car crazies, I have to tell you, I was way over my head on this thing. I am astonished that there were only two failures to toss out. I have ordered some textbooks and I intend to get fairly serious when I wade through them.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Those turned out sweet! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Re: What a lot of work!

Postby Wolseley Hornet » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:42 am

Wolseley Hornet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:22 am

Wooww Very very nice looking.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:41 am

Thanks, guys. Frankly, I don't know if I would have done this if it weren't for people on HRW encouraging me to try it.

No, no, David. I've had all the tools for years. The aluminum round bar was $7 for 3 feet. That's the only thing I didn't already have. Some of the best wheels available are $6/pair- not fancy or pretty, but very well made and dependable. It floors me to see people trying to get as much as double that. Its so Ninco-ish to double price things. Besides, nobody makes anything this tiny that I could use. A 1/32 scale 10 inch wheel just ain't out there that I could find. The closest I came was drivers on an S scale steam locomotive switcher.

Like I say, I have ordered a stack of old instruction textbooks from used book outfits I get antiquarian theology and history books from, and they may make a lot of the trial and error stuff I did to make these look pretty sad. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of steps that I did that are probably not necessary. I would have sought these books long ago if I thought I would need to make something other than little bronze knobs.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:19 pm

That's a good point- Anybody who wants one of these things needs to get a summary of the huge amount of research I did to find a good one that didn't cost a fortune. I pumped people for information, did tons of internet research, visited around- you name it. There's a lot to learn. And that's just getting your hands on one. I wanted a Unimat originally. Surprise- they haven't made them in many years, although I am told someone bought the name and makes some kind of similar tool, nothing like the legendary Unimat of the 1960s, from what was then West Germany.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale