[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New & interesting slot car concept from Italy

New & interesting slot car concept from Italy

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

New & interesting slot car concept from Italy

Postby Chapman » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:31 am

Chapman

Re: New & interesting slot car concept from Italy

Postby FootScoot » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:33 am

Nice chassis, but not very adjustable. Looks like it may be limited in width and wheelbase. Would be great for those wider cars that fall within its wheelbase limits. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:49 am

Four things come to mind:
1) It's interesting.
2) It may be hard to classify this chassis for racing.
3) The location of the crown gear is odd -- WAY beyond the axle carrier.
4) That's an odd way to secure the body-mounting tubes.

I agree, Ken, more adjustability seems like a good idea. Maybe this isn't a universal chassis -- maybe it's supposed to be sold as part of a RTR car, ie, the Abarth shown, and the next car will have a different chassis. *shrug*
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby smithspeedway » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:19 am

It looks like a 1/32 scale flexi chassis. The pin tubes for mounting the body actually used to be the "normal" way to do it. It looks like the collars allow you to easily set your lateral float. The gear setup (anglewinder) also looks normal if you're used to International 32's or Flexis. The idea of setting the spur gear away from the chassis is to allow infinite gear combinations (limited only by rear tire diameter). This will be a fast, great handling car. Does anyone know how much they are? It will have to be close to $40, or you could just modify the front axle carrier on an International 32 and get the same thing.
smithspeedway
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:23 am

Yeah, we've seen it done that way on metal chassis before, but this may be a first time for plastic. I wonder how rigid this plastic chassis is.

I suspect you're right, and this car will be very fast.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:34 am

I am just guessing...but I bet they are not giving it away.

Not my cup of coffee so no comment :)

Always hope new slot company's do well though, and thanks for linking it here, news is news.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby smithspeedway » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:04 am

They looked pretty good in the pictures with the NASCAR bodies on them.

Does anyone know where to buy these? I didn't see company info in the links posted.
smithspeedway
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:08 am

The chassis looks like a metal stamping to me. I translated most of the text and I could not find a reference to the chassis material. Like other anglewinder designs there is likely to be a problem with chassis flex between the motor and rear axle carriers. 1/24th Flexicars often have that problem, it causes wheel hop.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:05 am

Son of a gun. Metal, eh? That actually makes me feel better. lol
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby smithspeedway » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:00 am

The International 32 is actually a pretty good platform. At $30.49 for a kit (compete car less body and motor) it is also reasonably priced. My beef with it has always been the goofy 1/16" front axle and pseudo wheels. If you could put a 3/32 or 1/8 axle and real wheels on it easily, and had a longer wheelbase, it would be even better. Having said that, when it is so cheap compared to other offerings in this segment, I don't mind a little modification.

This offering from Italy seems to be closer to one of JK's 1/32 designs.

They are entering a segment of the market with some pretty well established products. I have some acquaintances in the UK and Australia who have had racing programs based on the Int'l. 32 for over a decade.
smithspeedway
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:33 pm

If I were still in my 1/24th scale flexi mindset I would probably be more interested in getting something like this. Or if it turns out to be inexpensive, say around $40 complete. Part of the reason I have switched to 1/32 is the degree of realism in appearance that hard plastic and resin bodies have. So, unless someone sends me one to evaluate I won't be ordering one soon.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smithspeedway » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:30 am

Well, I found the price. Holy cow. Around $80 as a kit. Never mind.
smithspeedway
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale