Looking Back - SCX Cuda

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Looking Back - SCX Cuda

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:00 pm

With some new blood to our T/A field coming very soon, thought it would be good idea to start tuning a few that I never got around to.

Swede was tuned but this car has just sat happily waiting for the right time.
Hard to believe, but this January will mark 4 years this car has been with us, my how time flies.

Back then we did not have a Tire razor, nor was I using PG tires. These two added options made tuning it much easier. What a difference it made as this car is just silky smooth.

Most enthusiasts feel this is the BEST slot car SCX ever made, or ever will. I have to agree. From scale detail to performance, this is just one great little slot car.

It might be difficult on the wallet to find this car these days, but the blue and white one, and the yellow and black one can still be found for a decent price if you shop around.

Still a great car to race in the series. It was fun tuning these up this evening.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Looking Back - SCX Cuda

Postby dge467 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:19 pm

A favorite of mine! I ended up gluing the motor pod in place on mine.I added silicon tires too. It seemed to help a bit on my plastic track. I was just running the blue and white one the other night.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby HRWJim » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:23 pm

Great looking car. It's sad to think what might have been, if they continued making Trans Am cars. I had high hopes that Pioneer would fill the gap but my hope is dwindling. This is a great car and deserves to be tuned. It moves up to next on my list. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:50 am

The Cuda is my best running slot car from SCX/ On plastic it is just so-so, but on wood it is equal to it;s Scaley and Pioneer cousins.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:03 am

The Blue/White one has a motor with more punch to it...but they are all some of my favorite cars! I really wish there had been more T/A from SCX too as this one was such a home run.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby FootScoot » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:29 am

It's my favorite car from SCX. I wish they would have made a few of different brands. Mine runs great on wood tracks. Hard to believe it has been 4 years since these first came out. :shock:
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby BRS Hobbies » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:41 am

The second picture looks really cool with all three cars together.

I just recently purchased the SCX Compact versions of the blue and yellow Cuda off of eBay and am having a ton of fun with the cars. The SCX Compact Cuda looks great and may well be the best SCX Compact car ever made.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:55 am

I can only repeat what everyone else has said, they are great cars and the best SCX ever made. I too am wishing they would have made more of these cars and other T/A cars.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:59 am

The stance on the SCX Cuda is just about perfect. I bought the 48 Gurney car when they first came out but none since. I like that car a lot. If SCX survives, I hope they carry on with the T/A series. I like the SCX cars over all of the other big four companies (Carrera, Scaley, Ninco & SCX) They were consistently the best runners OTB on wood race tracks. It's almost like they were designed for wood
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Id have to agree without reservation that this was SCX's best model by far.

Beautiful, great runner, perhaps a little underdone in relation to Scaley and Pioneer Mustangs on short plastic track with magnet.

Ive still got the #42 Swede Savage car and the newer #04 blue and white version, nice things.

I swapped out the Suntech style motor in the #04 car for a "Smokey Yunick" prepped 42B, silicones on both, they are a very smooth thing.

Will revisit them one day, got some more upgrades for the RX style motor I want to explore, Id say that will close the gap well and truly with the other brands....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Good to see you back again, Rob!

Rob
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Thank you Rob :)

Its nice to be back and quite an exciting time to for us that like American Muscle cars!
Last edited by Cosmic Bilby on Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby youngster » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:35 am

HEY; YOU Reading Minds Now Too; 2 of these are on MY Bench ; have workin on for a couple days
Changin Up the Appearance some; Numbers Change; A Dab of Paint here a Dab there.

ALL YA'LL Have A Geat Safe Weekend;
Youngster
youngster

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale