Firebirds, Challengers and Javelins?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Firebirds, Challengers and Javelins?

Postby noddaz » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:45 pm

So, do any of the companies (SCX, Scaley, Pioneer ect...) make Firebirds or Challengers? I know Pioneer will be making the Jav and Scaley will be releasing the Cougar... (I want both, the Cougar more than the Javelin...) Thats right, Scaley is coming out with a Challenger as well as the Cougar... I need THAT too... lol So, how about Firebirds?

Scott

Whoops. Carrera maks a Firebird. But for our racing it is 5 model years too new..... :shock:

Scott
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Firebirds, Challengers and Javelins?

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:58 pm

Scott -
I, like you, would love to see one of them come out with both, the '69 Firebird and the '70 TransAm - have always had a soft spot for both!
:)
But at this point in the game - I don't know of anybody looking to tool up for one.
Maybe we can get one of the resin cast guys to do up one that uses the interior and chassis from a Scalextric Camaro?
While not ideal - the SuperDuty T/A's didn't have any chrome to deal with - so getting one of them to look "correct" when painting from resin would probably be the easiest of the two... :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:08 pm

RMS resins does the Bird and others.

The Scaley Challenger is out in street trim but only in a 2 pack or set. Ridiculous way to release a new mold, but after looking at it, it is not going to win any awards for the scale minded racer.

Unless things change drastically, I doubt you will see the Pioneer model anytime in the near future. Maybe if they get things smoothed out production wise things might change, but there are a lot of Camaros they have to finish first.

Until then we do have the resin offerings which at least allow us a chance to increase the current field.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Sweet deal! I am going to have to check into that T/A! Thank you for the info Harry!

Also - I agree with you on the release of the Challenger... You would think that with it being out/available in a two pack, that they would have also done a release of it as a solo car as well... Looking forward to seeing it and the Cougar available as "singles" hopefully in the very near future. In the mean time, it looks like I need to contact RMS to get some details on that T/A! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:54 pm

As far as I know, David doesn't do a '69 Firebird of any type. Its my favorite, so I noticed when I got the '68 and the "70.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:03 pm

I did the '68 Firebird at one time, but the master model is bad and the new one with modifications has been slowly coming along...for about 4 years now...

The nice thing is, I've been racing all these cars for almost 10 years now ;) sometimes you just have to build them yourself!

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby MoparGreg » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:09 am

Hey David, That #92 1970 Pontiac Firebird. Did Titus race in that livery in 1970 Transam series or is this repainted for the current historic series?
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:50 am

Here are a couple of RMS Firebird bodies. The '68 is on a Scalextric '69 camaro chassis and the '70 is on a Slot.it HRS chassis.

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:01 am

RichD -
Those are sharp! On the '70 - would you share the paint details on the red? Is it a red tint clear over gold, or is that a straight metallic red? If it is a straight red metallic - can you share who the manufacturer / paint code is? I have a Formula 2 open wheel car that I would love to use that color on! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:20 am

BTW - David, order placed for two of the 1970 Poncho bodies! Look forward to having a "new" body style to add to the ranks! I figure I will go with the iconic white with blue stripe Trans Am / ram air set up for the first one and then see if I can't source some 1/32 scale '73 Firebird "Screaming chicken" decals and do the other up that way. :)
I'll share pictures of them as they come together...
Thanks again!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:06 pm

Rich has always been one of my customers that has done an amazing job with my lumps of resin - always favorites of mine to see.

Todd - thank you sir! I'll get these bad boys rolling!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Thanks David - looking forward to receiving them! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale