[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Favorite Same Manufacturer Race Poll

Favorite Same Manufacturer Race Poll

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

What is your favorite field of same manufacturer cars to race/watch?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Fly Classics
10%
Ninco Classics
7%
Slot.it Classics (Alfa, Ferrari, Chappy, Ford)
3%
Slot.it Group C
8%
Slot.it 90s (McLaren, Nissan, etc.)
3%
Monogram Nascar
11%
Avant LMP
No votes
NSR Classics
8%
NSR GT
3%
Ninco JGTC
3%
Scaley Transam
8%
Fly Vintage F1
1%
Racer Classics/DP
No votes
Carrera Can Am
3%
Carrera Nascar
7%
SCX Rally
2%
Pioneer Transam
9%
Other
14%

Total votes : 118

Favorite Same Manufacturer Race Poll

Postby Quickcars » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:38 pm

I was running some cars the other day and realized that to this day, there is nothing I enjoy more than running/watching Fly classics run around my track. I'm especially partial to the 512s berlinetta, but I also enjoy watching/running 512CLs, Porsche 908/2,3s, Chevrons, Lola T70s, 906s and even 917ks. There's just something about the looks of these cars and the distinctive whirrr of those sidewinders. They are as much fun to watch and they are to race.

Even with the addition of so many highly detailed, better running competitors (raise your hand NSR, Avant, Slot.it) for my slot bucks, I will always keep several of these in my collection to run to death. A close second would be the Scaley Transams.

So, what are your favorite field of same make cars to watch/race?

PS. If you vote "Other", please post a reply and indentify the maker/car type
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Favorite Same Manufacturer Race Poll

Postby bkrownd » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:30 pm

cartrix
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:37 pm

Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:12 pm

My "other:"

Scalextric Classic F1, specifically:

Maserati 250F vs Vanwall F1 or
Ferrari 156 vs Cooper Climax T53 or
Lotus Type 49 vs Gurney Eagle
or even a pair of Ferrari 375 F1's
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Reslotted » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:30 pm

My "other" was my old scaley cars from the 70's. Wobbly old things that they are, I still give at least a couple a run every now and rhen. Nostalgia is a wonderful thing.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:41 pm

Nice to see Scaley and Pioneer's TransAms doing so well.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby bkrownd » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:43 pm

bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Great list. And it tells you just how good we have it today doesn't it?

"Other" is there too for good reason, we have so many :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Quickcars » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:35 pm

I Voted for Pioneer Trans Am because my Mustangs run so dang good on wood with only a tire change. I don't do Group C or modern LMP stuff so most of Slot.it's range are not for me though I do enjoy the three shorty open top sidewinders in my collection. I super enjoy the Carrera Can Am cars after they get the Nor Cal Mike treatment but OTB not so much. One thing not mentioned are the Nascars from Scalextric and SCX. Over the years I have put way more hours on them than any other type of car.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:53 am

For me, the fun cars to watch are the cars that are slow enough in the corner that there's a bit of drama. You can feel the loss of speed when they've slid a bit too far. The motors are mild enough that they're not instantly at a hundred mph when they get out of the corner. There's a bit of anticipation as two cars approach a corner side by side, and you don't get that with the faster cars.

Just my opinion, but cars like NSR are soulless to drive, and just as soulless to watch. Fantastic cars, but not really fun. Their ability to correct a driver's mistake (even before he knows that he made a mistake) makes me yawn, like adding a second guide flag to the rear of the car.

So that's why I vote for Fly Classics, and Ninco JGTC cars are a sentimental favorite, as long as you're not hoping to talk to anyone else in the room.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Very good description. And those Ninco models were a great drive, even if they hurt your ears :)

Sentimental favorites also include the Ninco Audi TT. I still remember that fun run at your place with that car.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby redsypher » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:14 pm

I love running any car with rubber tires on a wood track. Group C in our club produces some of the most fun and awesome racing there is along with box stock trans am and NSR classics. No glue or anything "wet" on the track to enhance the grip, it really puts you in control of the car. ElSecondo doesn't like NSR because they are soulless to drive in the fun department, (which I disagree on a wood track that's not point and shoot ;) ) I feel the same about magnet racing, silicone tires and controllers with more than two knobs, lol. For me it just feels awkward to have the car stuck, then snap and go. It's a preference thing and it's JMHO.

I echo the statement about all the fun cars to pick from!

-Billy
redsypher

Postby Quickcars » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Thoroughly shocked to see so few votes for Fly Classics. My how the mighty have fallen. I would bet that if this poll were taken 5 or so years ago, the results would be much different.

Hmmm, no love for Avant LMP??? Interesting...

QC
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Bomberto » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:39 pm

NSR
Bomberto

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale