[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - How many T/A cars do I still need to tune...?

How many T/A cars do I still need to tune...?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

How many T/A cars do I still need to tune...?

Postby dreinecke » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:09 am

Last night we hosted our monthly Canasta card group. All of us are gearheads. One has a nice '66 Mustang, another a Nash Metropolitan, the other a 55 Olds and a Prowler. Me, I'm the resident Jeep guy that pulls them out of the snowbanks in Winter...but I digress.

One of the players is a newbie that used to run on a commercial track in Cali. While running the '70 Camaros last night between hands, I pulled out an un-tuned one (the Castrol one I just got in). He correctly likened driving on ice with it.

So I've had a few hours to spend on that car and several others tonight. I figure a good 2 hours to tune 5 cars isn't bad. That includes truing the stock wheels, the front tires, gluing and truing PPG Urethanes onto the wheels and then radiusing the chassis. This does require trimming off the rear valance and re-gluing it to the body. I also open the mounting holes up for more float.

Wow! These things are just so great with some simple steps! 99 more to go...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: How many T/A cars do I still need to tune...?

Postby baford1 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:54 am

yeah I know what you mean David a little bit time spent tuning the 70's Camaros ( I have 3 ) & they run real good I also spent time tuning about 8 Carrera cars
2 Can Ams & 6 different GT cars they run so much better with just a bit of time spent on them & an answer to your question I think that you can
never have 2 many Trans Am cars either to tune or drive

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:50 am

Richard - I am really at the tuning stage of my hobby...just too fun making things run correctly.

As for how many...I've got about 30 more to do...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:43 am

Ok, it is on next time!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:58 am

I was thinking about upgrading the fencing anyway :)

Tuning for speed is something I know very little about. But making them run better is the goal and sounds like you accomplished it.

I think that is what is so great about the RTR cars we deal with today. Most of them have improved to a level where just a simple tweak here and there is all you need to get them where you like them.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby scatman » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:17 am

scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:05 pm

Just make sure you bring that stinker of a tunnel port motor in your Mustang...I'll bring something "lightweight"...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale