[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Sunoco Camaro

Sunoco Camaro

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Sunoco Camaro

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:22 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ElSecundo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:30 pm

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby ListerStormGT » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Jules, and contrary to how my comments may have sounded about the vents and grille a rivet counter I am not. I am very excited about these cars getting released. Nobody loves the 67-68 Camaro's more than me and I cant wait to get them. Very cool video too thanks for sharing that with us.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dundee Denny » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Having two on order and not even close to be a rivet counter, all of the comments helped draw out what is a great car that we in the states can't wait to get our hands on!!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:18 pm

Is there any possibility of using part of the mold and making a Firebird? Just always wanted one of those in 1/32 scale and I know a lot of parts are close enough. In fact if I remember reading it right the one raced back in the day started as a Camaro and was turned in to a Firebird.

I will be looking out to buy one of these, although I have to make a Carrera digital chip fit in somehow. Usually some poor driver gets his legs shortened in the process.

I like the fog lights too. I will put some led lights in there.

Nice work.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Derby City Speedway » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:11 pm

I want one of these camaros, but sadly I only want to cut it up into a circle burner. So I will have to wait till someone gets tired of theirs, so I can pick one up cheaper. Very cool body, and a body that was sadly missing from the slot arena. Thanks for bringing it along !!!
Derby City Speedway
Derby City King

Postby dr fabio » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:19 pm

dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:38 am

Well I ordered one from across the pond and it should be here next week. I'll take the one I made from the Hornby model car kit and repaint it to a fantasy livery.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dr fabio » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:33 am

dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:53 am

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:12 pm

I think Dr Fabio has already addressed that issue.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Well, here it is October 3rd and my bright shiny new Sunoco Camaro arrived today in the mail just one week since I ordered it. GetSlotted.Uk came through this time. It arrived in a crystal case and cardboard cover similar to those from Slot.it. There is a second guide attached to the bottom (maybe for wood?) and a baseball sized card with a fact sheet about the car and Mark Donohue.. The car itself is beautiful and I can hardly wait to get it on the track. My old kit bashed Sunoco Camaro will most likely get a new scheme.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:15 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:12 pm

I understand your point Goosenapper.

With the sole exception of Carrera, I think the days of the maker producing models in the 1000's has now all but gone. You guys have enough slot cars. You have been, and will continue to get, more and more selective about what you buy.

My decision to limit production numbers has to be based on previous sales figures and commercial sense of how many of each model will sell - hopefully just enough for the racer and just enough to keep the collectors happy.

I have seen warehouses in China rammed with product - product that eventually reaches market at rock bottom prices because, for example, there are not 5000 buyers any longer for a such and such a Nascar or a 1990's Le Mans car or some rally car that no one is interested in.

You gave a hint as to the sales problem encountered by makers and dealers. You indicated you needed time to contemplate. The small margins available just do not allow the luxury of being able to keep stuff in stock while you think it over. That is the reality I'm afraid.

With this particular model, all dealers placed their orders last October. There are enough to go round with a few left over. It will not be the only Penske SUNOCO we produce. If you are not fussy about the meatball number or which race it ran in there will be more choices over the next year or so.

The best sales life of a new slot car is when it is born. Slotters soon get bored. They want the latest and then the latest and so on. This particular #15 car will be old news in a few weeks. We have a huge backlog of unmade models that are yet to be nailed together.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:34 pm

Even Scaley are only producing to pre-orders now. It's a sign of the times, I'm afraid. There are just too many players battling for a spot in a very small team.

Those that don't want the Sunoco are already clamouring for whatever comes next. We are trained to consume these days. It comes at a price.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale