[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Sunoco Camaro

Sunoco Camaro

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Sunoco Camaro

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:43 am

Great!
Hopefully all the USA vendors will have them soon.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ListerStormGT » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:22 am

Not gonna lie, pretty dissapointed how it looks.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:14 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:28 pm

Goose,

On the black stealth car the hood and trunk lid is a separate piece that is hot melted on and you can see that there is what resembles a engine block molded underneath the hood. Only problem with that is there is also a hole in front of this molded engine to allow the tall guide post to fit so I don't see how the engine detail was even worth the trouble doing to begin with. I would never be running my cars without a hood on them anyway. I understand the concept of being able to swap hoods and trunk lids for different cars instead of making a different molds for each car raced but the engine detail wasn't needed.

The hood vents are wrong and the headlight bezels are too dark also. The fogs were on the real car I know but I don't know if the majority of people who buy this know that and they were not shown on the pre production picture of the car anyway. The hood vents and the grille is really what kills it for me.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Just did a few minutes if research.

I think they are replicating the way the car ran at the Daytona 24 or at Sebring - without headlight bezels from most pics I'm seeing - hence it looks black. I'm assuming that is why they are painted as such.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Modlerbob » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:34 pm

The yellow on the SUNOCO decals looks like the same shade that Hornby used on their 1/32 model that I built a couple of years ago and put on a pioneer chassis. The shade is way too pale for my taste. Pitty, I was anticipating this one to replace the one I did.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:32 pm

I haven't seen the stealth Camaro yet, so I'm not holding my breath waiting for this one. If I get one, I get one. If I don't, I don't. :) Lots of other cars available. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby dr fabio » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:26 pm

dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:39 pm

Now the yellow on that image looks about right without any bleed through of the blue. I'm guessing I will have to see one in person before I make a decision.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby brian64 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:11 am

Look what he is doing is making a car that will run in a series T/A. I have the scally allready and we race them in our T/A. Now why be a rivet counter? Does it run nice and can it be raced? And does it look good while going on the track? Try counting then. These are small replicas there are going to be imperfect. So in the end don't like don't buy. I know he wants feedback but do you make all neg. And not say what you do like. Hard to find better service from what I've seen posted before. My full 5 cents and rant done. Lol
brian64

Postby ElSecundo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:26 am

The man (Jules) went through hell to bring it to us, at great personal expense. He's made every effort to support the American hobbyist, and now that this car has finally made it to market, I'll support him in whatever small way I can.

My guess is that it's going to look phenomenal in person. Looking forward to it. :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby dge467 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:06 pm

I like it! I do want one!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby scatman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:32 pm

scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:54 pm

Guys,

This is a replica of the car as raced at Sebring 12hr 1968. It was the 1967 car with a few model year swaps (front grill and rear lights).
The hood vents are correct.
The deletion/removal of the headlight bevels and surrounding chrome trim are correct.
The non-symmetrical door stickers logos are correct
The yellow on the SUNOCO was paler than the real '68 car and as painted on the re-built car (now on historic circuit)
They ran no front air dam at Sebring.
I have very rare historical docs to back this up.
Cheers
Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:05 pm

Great info Jules, thanks.

Any idea how soon our dealers can expect them here?

Thanks.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale