[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pioneer Camaro Mold Spy Shot

Pioneer Camaro Mold Spy Shot

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Pioneer Camaro Mold Spy Shot

Postby Quickcars » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:27 pm

I will always support Pioneer as long as Jules is involved. He is a good dude and a hobbyist and has shown a commitment to the hobby and producing a quality product. I've corresponded with him and know he actually cares about the same things his buyers do...

Now c'mon Jules, we need that Javelin!!!
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:04 am

Ditto on the Javelin....

....But, yes I'll be getting this Camaro, any scale yank iron is great for me!!

Cheers,

Rupert
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:27 pm

I see a Smokey Yunic cheater car here.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:59 pm

Your messages of encouragement are very much appreciated, guys.

Been hell out there getting everything sorted but we're getting somewhere now.

Just need to find some blue paint and the yellow SUNOCO lettering. Job done!

More news very soon.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:34 pm

Jules,

I'm sure you've heard it, but I cannot wait to get my hands on the Camaros! It is great to have you back!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:39 pm

Thanks for stopping in Jules, the slotters here appreciate it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:35 am

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:47 am

Modlerbob,

Just to be clear on this hood and trunk issue:-

The original plan was conceived by me for two reasons - 1/ We would have a generic body shell for the 67/68 Camaro and 2/ It will give kit builders and bashers a heap of options prior to laying down paint. When the Kits are available you will have a lucky dip bag of different hoods, ancillary pieces and customizing options to enable you to choose what model you wish to make. This is not a 'new' idea. I can remember 3 in 1, 'make it this way or make it that way' static kits from Snap-Tite and the like. I figured when the builder had finished the slot kit he would securely fix in place any parts to prevent unwanted looseness. The parts can be glued or heat melted as desired.

The options you will have, will include in both 67 and 68 model years:-
Z-28
RS
SS
Yenko
Baldwin Motion
Nicky
Resto Mod Custom style

The additional weight of having extra plastic under the hood and the trunk was certainly considered. It adds 1.5 grams (0.052 ounce) to the front and 1 gram (0.035 ounce) to the rear. We tested a Mustang adding this weight under the hood and trunk. It made no difference to performance at all. All in all, we considered that the benefits of having such a useful set of options far outweighed the perceived negative aspect of additional weight.

In reality, a factory produced RTR model in, say, Z-28 SUNOCO guise will have the hood and truck fixed in place. Equally, a street car version in Yenko trim will be factory made as such. If you wanted to change these factory models around to suit yourself, you can buy a separate bag of 'Option' bits rather than the complete Plain White Kit.

Actually, most folks will not even know the trunk and hoods are removable. It would not even occur to them. I only found out a few months back that the Carrera '69 Camaro had a liftable hood. It had never occurred to me to have a look.

I hope that those of you who go ahead and pick one of these Camaros up will really like the model.

Thanks for your valued input.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:01 am

Worst case scenario, Bob -- glue the hood shut, Dremel out the detail underneath. No weight penalty.

Really like the options, Jules. :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Jesla » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:03 am

Thanks for the responses Jules, looking forward to more of your cars......
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby olskoolslotz » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:17 am

Last edited by olskoolslotz on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
olskoolslotz
"THE Champ"

Postby ListerStormGT » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:05 am

Jules, Great job and a great idea with the hood/decklid options. It certainly is much cheaper to pop out a bunch of those compared to having to retool a whole body for different options. Its a genius idea and many of us really appreciate the effort to get the many different models they produced of the Camaro. I cant wait to get them! :D
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hotrodlarry » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:10 am

Yenko and Baldwin Motion options?

Ohhhh... can't wait to see those.
hotrodlarry

Postby crossovercrazy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:53 am

Please don't forget the air conditioner compressor in the engine details, Jules - I hate to have to add my own.

I'll probably run some of these on my routed short track without the hood, to prevent overheating.

Please add some side window air/rain deflectors into the goodie kits, for our seniors who like to kit bash...

Seriously, different wheels or inserts would be good too (if you aren't already including them) - I would like a steel wheel for short track racing.

Can't wait to buy mass quantities of everything,
Crossover
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:19 am

Jules, no matter how it comes I'm in for at least one or two. I'm glad you weighed the options and the differences in weight regarding the extra plastic. I've had my kitbashed 69 Camaro made from a Hornby static kit mated to a Pioneer chassis for quite a while now and I will be looking forward to a dedicated Pioneer Camaro.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale