[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Fly Starter Freebie Fixup

Fly Starter Freebie Fixup

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Fly Starter Freebie Fixup

Postby FootScoot » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:35 pm

FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Re: Fly Starter Freebie Fixup

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:18 pm

:) Great, now I REALLY have no chance to win.

Not that I do anyway...given how well your models run.

Cars that run that well and have no track to test them on. My hat is tipped heavily to you!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:55 pm

I tell ya, those starter cars, Scaley, Fly, etc, have a huge potential for making serious runners. Bonus- they are nearly indestructible. I had a project I did to make three similar cars for visitors to run on my track and do no harm to my good stuff. It was so much fun I made several sets of them in different types of cars. When I finish this track, I'll have to make a fourth car for each set because I will have another lane to occupy. That's going to be a blast, and I'm looking forward to it.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby chappyman66 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:06 pm

Yup, I just did the same thing last weekend. The basic cars are good to have around. I have a half dozen Artin cars that are good beginner runners and are nearly indestructible. I have 3-4 NC-1 powered cars plus an old Cartronic McLaren that now (once modified) runs about the same, so there are other options that are well matched and not too fast once all three lanes are mastered.

I have to say that my Flyslot Lola isn't as plain as the Joest Porsche, and it makes a pretty good match with the Sunoco original, so I am not at all unhappy with them.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:42 am

FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:03 pm

I bought three of the Fly Poly cars last week from 132slotcar.us at $18.00 each. They actually sent replacement pinion gears for the three cars. In most cases my Poly Joest Porsches run better than their $60 cousins with all the bling already attached. I dropped an orange endbell slot.It motor in one of them and it outran all but one or two of my slot.It cars. With the full hi-tech treatment they are rockets.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:58 pm

What a sleeper that would be. Just stroll into a commercial place and set what appears to be a stripped down, kid-friendly car on the track and wipe everybody off the track. Hilarious.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby DAVE » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:54 pm

I agree that the Joest Porsche is probably the fastest, cheap slot car out there. I just changed rear
tires and the gear ratio, plus added a little weight, and run it regularly in our LMP class.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:37 pm

The Fly Joest has been wickedly fast for over ten years….or even longer….
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale