[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - More fodder for the HRW Stocker Series or Baby Grands

More fodder for the HRW Stocker Series or Baby Grands

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

More fodder for the HRW Stocker Series or Baby Grands

Postby dreinecke » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:07 pm

This Mustang participated in the Citrus 250. While not a T/A car, I know Choc-Ice has been building one in 1/32 and has some good pictures of his coming up.

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: More fodder for the HRW Stocker Series or Baby Grands

Postby MoparGreg » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:28 pm

Oh thats sweet. I must resist, Im so far behind in my projects. Its really hard to resist starting something new with all the great building going on lately.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DAVE » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:33 pm

Looks like it has been droop-snooted a bit. An old time stock car trick.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:34 pm

Either that or Bibbster has been driving it and punting folks into the wall...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Almafan 55 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:38 pm

I need that body for sure! Where can I get one? :banana-rock:
Almafan 55
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:42 pm

Almafan - look up Choc-Ice here on the forum...he's the one producing them.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Derby City Speedway » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Are you doing this Dave? If so are you doing it in street or racing form?

Derby City Speedway
Derby City King

Postby FootScoot » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:24 pm

I think the reason it looks droop snooted is because it's '72 or '73 model Mustang. They were also somewhat bigger than previous years. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby dreinecke » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:11 pm

I am not making this, Choc-Ice is - it is a '71+ Mustang. I think he's getting very close on it.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby choc-ice » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:57 pm

This is a kind of racing I know nothing about here in England!

I'm doing a 1971 Mach 1 which isn't as glamorous as the first generation Mustangs but looks really tough on the track. The main resin bodyshell is done, windows should be finished the week and I'm doing the wheel centers today.

choc-ice
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby red73mustang » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:40 pm

I'm very interested in this Choc, you can probably tell that from my screen name....Any chassis details for this kit?

Chet
red73mustang
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby choc-ice » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:26 am

The chassis for my cars is one that leans through corners and steers, it's for road cars not racers.

But the wheelbase of the bodyshell is 89mm so a PCS adjustable chassis could work or maybe a stretched Pioneer Mustang, or a cut Pioneer Charger?

I've got the silicone mold for the wheel inserts curing right now, hope to post some pictures of the complete kit soon.

Good username! I agree, it's the best choice of color for that car!
choc-ice
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby choc-ice » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:55 pm

I did a new mould for this, I wasn't really happy with the front end even if the back was good. This is how it looks now

Front has much better definition

Back looks good too, no air bubbles and lots of detail in this very complex rear panel

It's a good shape, this type of Mustang. They're not as popular as the 1960s Mustang but Ford did a really good job making it look bigger and tougher when the wheelbase is only an inch bigger than the '60s pony car.
choc-ice
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:35 pm

Yeah, I was amazed that the undercarriage was nearly the same. To me, it seemed huge. The driving position was ridiculous, down below the dashboard, peering to see anything, especially out the rear window, etc. I felt like I was driving a Thunderbird from under the floorboards. But the car was really gorgeous, and the Shelby version was one of the most beautiful Shelbys ever.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby choc-ice » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:33 pm

choc-ice
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale