[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - C7 1/32 Slot Car?

C7 1/32 Slot Car?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

C7 1/32 Slot Car?

Postby pgtr » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Has anybody announced a 1/32 slot car version of the upcoming 2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray?

Who has done the most recent releases of the C6R? Scaley?

thanks
pgtr

Re: C7 1/32 Slot Car?

Postby goosenapper » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:38 pm

I haven't heard of any forthcoming C7's, but you are correct in that Scalextric has been making C6's. NSR is too. Carrera did a few years back, but I don't think that they are still pumping them out.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:55 pm

Scalextric has a couple of recent releases of new liveries of C-6s.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Flytoo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:38 am

Interesting thought, indeed sascws90! :D

I'm hoping Slot.It will do one, but I'm not holding my breath.

Whoever does one, I think I'm gonna pretty much, have to have it!! This is the first Corvette, that really does it for me, since the 1963. Although, I am, nowadays anyway, more than a little bit fond, of all Corvettes.
Flytoo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smithspeedway » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:52 am

It looks like it came out of the Cadillac design studio.
smithspeedway
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:11 pm

Saw a C7 here in Colorado...looks like it got beat with an ugly stuck. Loved the C5-6, not this one!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby moparjenny » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:18 pm

There's one sitting in front of the building here at the office right now. lol
moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:29 pm

Good grief! You mean that thing in the illustration above is real?!? UGH! I'm sorry if it offends the young folks that are vitally part of the community of us who love cars, but... really? That couldn't be the best effort.

Are all the designers at GM the nephews of board members? You know, the useless, undeserving, spawn of the very rich? Seriously, could that thing have been designed by someone who loves cars? Really?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby whitworthnut » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:02 pm

Looks like one of Ember's dioramas.
whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby regalman82 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:03 pm

I guess i'm in the minority here but i think it is the best looking vett to come off of the line since 1982 :o

Blake
Last edited by regalman82 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regalman82

Postby goosenapper » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:14 pm

Now that's funny! (the crash)

And yeah, I'm not a fan of the styling either. When I first saw shots of this 'Vette, I thought it was a Ferrari. I don't mean that as a compliment. It seems like every sports car nowadays is designed to look like it could transform in to a giant menacing robot. I'm very much looking forward to when smooth curves come back on cars.

Unrelated to the C7, but still in the automotive design vein- I was watching Chasing Classic Cars a few weeks back, and the guy met up with Freeman Thomas, the designer behind the New (now old) Beetle and the Audi TT. It turns out that Freeman is a huge Porsche 356 nut, and he very much incorporated those lines in to those two cars. I wish that would have started a trend.

Circling back to the Corvette, I suppose the fact that the car has been in continuous production for 60 years means that the folks at GM know what they are doing with it. Not everyone may like it, but it's got enough of a following to keep going strong.

And now if I could just get Prince's Little Red Corvette out of my head...
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby moparjenny » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:04 pm

I like it better in person. In pictures, I'm kinda "meh" about it. In person, I'm less "meh" about it.

It's like the F-type -- I like that better in person, too. But I'm much more less "meh" about it to begin with.
moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:18 pm

All good comments about this, and interesting to see what people say.

I do feel that it needs to be pointed out that the post 1981 cars were not made by the long-time Corvette crews. The St. Louis plant produced the last Corvette in 1981. All the rest of this stuff has been built by Chevy workers at Bowling Green. Before 1981, the plant workers at St. Louis said, "I work for Corvette", and they meant exactly that. They were not offered jobs at the new location. Look at the cars since then.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby pgtr » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:42 pm

pgtr

Postby pgtr » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:59 pm

pgtr

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale