[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - C7 1/32 Slot Car?

C7 1/32 Slot Car?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: C7 1/32 Slot Car?

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Here we go...
"In mid-1981, production shifted from St. Louis, Missouri to Bowling Green, Kentucky, and several two-tone paint options were offered. The 1981 models were the last available with a manual transmission until well into the 1984 production run." *Wikipedia. Thus, the last Corvette from the exclusively Corvette line was 1981. That's just the way it is. Bowling Green was built to replace the Corvette line in St. Louis.
"Before 1981, the plant workers at St. Louis said, "I work for Corvette", and they meant exactly that. They were not offered jobs at the new location. " *First hand from the crew that built the last Corvettes on the St. Louis line. My friend Freddy in Memphis owns the last car off the line. It travels with a car show circuit. I was there when he took delivery. That's the way it is.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:31 pm

Jenny - I'm the opposite...I thought it was ok in pictures, not in person. I can't get over the front and rear styling of GM cars at the moment. Like the sideview, but the other sides look like they were designed with an Etchasketch. Don't talk to me about the Camaro...grrrr....

The Corvette, like most cars is probably a generational thing. My dad loved them up until the 1968 came out and then didn't like them until the C5 again. I loved the '68-81 that he hated. My kid will probably like the new one...go figure.

Cars are like that. I find I get more comments now about my Jeep than any car including my Chevelle. To a lot of folks, except the gearheads, the Chevelle was simply a nice old car. I've had kids, adults, and very elderly people all come up to talk about the Jeep. Different strokes.

If you get a chance to do the Corvette museum or factory tour in Bowling Green, KY I highly recommend it!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby pgtr » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:32 pm

pgtr

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:19 am

I'm not sure whether I like the C-7 Vette or not but I am sure I don't care for the current generation of Camaros. I owned four Camaros between 1982 and 2007, the last one being a 1992. To me the front of the new Camaro looks like it belongs on a pickup truck and the whole thing sits too high. It looks to me like they were more concerned with meeting safety regulations than styling. I'm all for better safety in cars but a sporty car needs to look sporty.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby moparjenny » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:04 am

moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:35 am

How's the calf of your left leg? Jeans were a wise choice.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby moparjenny » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:46 pm

moparjenny
Cupcakes

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:32 pm

You know I still have the "Thrush brand" on my leg from driving, or rather getting out of, a roadster just like that. You did well!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale