[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Labor Day at HRW

Labor Day at HRW

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Labor Day at HRW

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:25 am

Well don't take all day...donuts going fast :)

Time for some action!

Our H&R classic NASCAR series in action.

Junior, Cheater, DixonJohn & Dave going at it.

If "rubbin' is racin'"...Cheater is a masseuse!

1/32 Stocker Series in force! MAN these are fun.

What a field. Pioneer Stang, RMS RESINS bowtie, Carrera GTO and SCX Cuda!

Cheater finished this car for me last year and is one of the best runners.

Dave is a great builder. This is the kind of work he can do. He makes many of his own bodies, inserts and chassis to come up with hot rods that run like a scalded dog...like this one!

Cheater has the "Sawmill Special" slotbox full!

Junior has some nice hidden gems.

Really like the paint Cheater did on this one.

If you are not having fun, you are doing it wrong! Junior made a great old woody here!

Talk about cool sprints and Indys! Dave custom made the whole field. From the resin bodies to the inserts...and each is a custom brass chassis. Incredibly smooth and look fantastic.

Another cool vintage NASCAR in the series. Hey, get creative we say :)

Now back to the fun...more to come.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:54 am

The General working her magic!

Left to right, RAzorJon, Footscoot and HRWJim do battle.

There ya go Dave...SHOTGUNs in action.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:58 am

Wow! Looks like no fun at all is being had! Good to see everybody made it! I think I can smell the cooking here!

I have to ask - who built that RMS Impala hammer? Can I get a good pic for the website? That thing is bad to the bone!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:15 pm

I built it originally, then Cheater "fixed" it and made it a race car :)

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby goosenapper » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:19 pm

Thanks for taking the time to post these pics, Harry. It's a nice consolation for us folks who couldn't make it. At least we can see the fun you guys are having. All of the cars look great- really some impressive builds there. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

But whoa, boy, those burgers are enormous! I suppose HRW is not a place to visit if you're on a diet. :chores-utensils:
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:06 pm

Diet? Wuzzat?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:30 pm

Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby dge467 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:42 pm

Some awesome cars and food! Looks like a blast!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Dundee Denny » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:36 pm

Smiles, smiles, more smiles!!

Sure appreciate the pictures!!

"almost" like being there!!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:58 pm

I want to so be there racing now.........

Thank you for sharing the pics!

What a great time you guys look like your having!!!

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrAdept » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:21 pm

Looks like you are all having a great time - would love to be there - maybe another time.

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:26 pm

I thought that was one of your builds Harry. I didn't remember that Cheater had breathed on it though.

Very cool!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HRWJim » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:43 pm

Had a great time today wish I could have stayed longer. Thanks Harry and Cindy for the great food and hospitality. As always it was great to see everyone and meet a few new faces. There were some great cars and the ideas you get for builds and tuning. I have a couple RSM Artin cars that are going to get re=motored and PG tires to run in the new stocker series. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:47 pm

Harry and the General, I had a wonderful time there today. Thank you very much for the goodies. Tell all the guys I made it home safe and sound, even after that little snafu at the I-57 I-64 exchange which cost me about 1/2 hour extra travel. Too bad I missed out on the Slotburgers. I wish I could have stayed longer, maybe next time. Tell the General I loved the chili, and her famous hot sauce, delicious. My Fly F40 Ferrari amazed me at how well it ran. Thanks again for a great time. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby RazorJon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:47 pm

What a great day of Racing, the food was top of the line, I put 3 spoons of cheese dip on my burger and it had to weigh 3 pounds

great day of racing, I got to see some old faces and met a few new ones, the cars that ran today had to be some of the best cars built

Thank you to all the great shops that sent the door prizes Chicagoland Hobbies, Paul Gage, Cincyslots, SlotCarCorner. RMS Resin, MTMotors, and Slotcarplace

Thanks Harry and Cindy for all the hard work, great food, and opening up your home so we could all play, you 2 are a class act :clap:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale