Ok, so it's not a car....

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Ok, so it's not a car....

Postby noddaz » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:30 pm

I really didn't know where to put this. It is not a car. But it is for cars....
Let me explain before I upload the picture. I was thinking (I know, dangerous...) that where I am racing needed some sort of a winners circle to photograph the car in. So I made one. With what I had laying around the house. Ok, so it is not a circle. Whatever...

So there. Then I was messing around some more and thought that maybe it needed something under the car. Like a mirror of some sort.
I had a sheet of brass as a temporary measure.

I am liking the "mirrored" idea under the car.

What cha' all think?

Scott
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Ok, so it's not a car....

Postby goosenapper » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:54 pm

That looks good. Rather photogenic.

Are you going to try to cut out a slot for the guide? That will be tough (quite possibly impossible) if you use a real mirror. The brass works well under the car.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby noddaz » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:07 pm

Wow.. Imaginative ideas there... But I think I will keep it simple. No slot. No power. And instead of brass a rectangle of stainless steel.
I also need to pick up a 5/16 tap for where the connecting rod is bolted to the base. It would be neat to have a #1 inside the big end of the connecting rod... Hmmm...

Scott
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:45 pm

I like the idea. I also like the idea of a reflective surface. I would use black gloss, perhaps some black perspex or maybe one of those new high gloss surfaces that they do kitchen cabinets with. It gives a reflection for effect, but doesn't make it too busy to detract from the car.

This is just a WIP shot on my setup plate which is a piece of black perspex, and not really big enough to get good shots on.

In addition, you could add a curved wall of black, gloss or otherwise, behind the stage to isolate it from any background interference.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby noddaz » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:24 pm

Ok, so it is not a brass base. Or stainless. But it is something else that I had laying around the house... Goes with the theme here...

Cheap. Unique. :lol:

Better?
(I think I need a smaller connecting rod...)

Scott
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale