[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What would you rather have in 1/32?

What would you rather have in 1/32?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

What would you rather have in 1/32?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:29 pm

1970 Javelin Trans-Am
30%
1966 Corvair Trans-Am
34%
1967 Dodge Dart Trans-Am
36%

Total votes : 67

Re: What would you rather have in 1/32?

Postby KnowtoriousWon » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Those are good choices, any are great. I like the look of the '70 Javelin better then the '71.
The Dart is interesting and I always like Corvairs ( had a '69 convertible).

Anyway I would prefer some 70s stock cars; 73 Charger and such, also some early 80s too. Plenty of USAC & NASCAR versions to make.
KnowtoriousWon

Postby crossovercrazy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:37 pm

Corvair - I'm a big Spurgeon May and Don Eichstaedt fan (who isn't? - in fact, I'd make special limited edition box sets for both of them).

I'll get the Dart and Javelin too, and while you're at, make them all, plus the Nova Chevy II, Saab 96, and Volvos PV544 and 122S all simultaneously in one big multi-compartment mold, and sell them as a set (I'll clip the tree sprue off myself), and I'll be fine with that (as long as the set is under $20)
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burglar » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:36 pm

Dart.

Also it would be VERY popular in Australia as in 1969-70 a local variant was sold here under the Valiant name
Burglar

Postby R/TRandy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:00 pm

The Dart would be #1 choice, but I always go mopar first.
The Javelin 2nd choice.
The Corvair would be my 3rd choice.

I don't think you could go wrong with any of the three.
Randy
R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:16 pm

Actually, I don't believe that the big guys will do it - not enough liveries...besides it was what, 8 years between the '69 and '70 Camaros...? Interesting results thus far - thanks for participating.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:33 am

I went with the Corvair. A 1961 was my first car handed down from my Dad to my older brother and then to me. I can't say that I loved it but it was unique.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:56 am

I initially voted for the Javelin, but a Corvair '65 and up would be cool. The Dart is neat too. All 3 would be nice, but I'm getting ahead here. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:43 am

Well shiver me timbers. The Dart has pulled into the lead. Doing a little more research, the 67 Dart isn't the one I would choose. I would prefer the 64-65. The reason for this is those were the years of the big greenhouse Barracudas and any Go fast Mopar guy should have preferred the Dart over the Barracuda because of weight. Now I know Dave hast to think about economic issues since he wants to sell them............... But he did ask what we prefer, sorta ;-)

I could have easily picked the Corvair since a 65 was what my parents owned when I first got my drivers license. I did a lot of cruzin' in that car. I saw a very fast one at the Monterey Historics the weekend before last racing in the T/A class. It was probably a Yenko but I didn't recognize the livery of the particular car. I did not see a Dart there however. That black Falcon that is the famous one was there though.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:31 am

Well since Nova was not a choice I went Corvair
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby dreinecke » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:46 am

Thanks for the photos Jeremy, but wrong Corvair - this one:

Jon - hang in there...if the "new" process works, it will be doable...just insanely expensive.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:03 am

That's the one.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:05 am

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:06 am

Mike - and that is the one I wish to make.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:34 am

David,
If you ever decide to do that car,let me know. I will call the owner to see if he'll give us permission to take some photos of the actual car. He only lives about 20 miles south of me.

Mike
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:37 am

Mike, that would be great - Thanks! I've also got another friend that has been in touch with them and has at least one good one of the car complete in color.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale