[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What would you rather have in 1/32?

What would you rather have in 1/32?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

What would you rather have in 1/32?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:29 pm

1970 Javelin Trans-Am
30%
1966 Corvair Trans-Am
34%
1967 Dodge Dart Trans-Am
36%

Total votes : 67

Re: What would you rather have in 1/32?

Postby The Blue 7 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:50 am

The Blue 7

Postby jmsh54 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:36 pm

Greetings, I think all three would make wonderful choices. But if there was one car, and I go off topic here, that I would like to see and would purchase it is a 1950s AC Bristol. Barring that I think the Corvair would be my number one choice. Regards, John
jmsh54

Postby ListerStormGT » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:51 pm

I voted for the Javelin, just for the simple fact that I highly doubt any of the big companies will ever do any year of a Javelin. How many years has Scaley been making T/A cars and we are just now seeing a Cougar. The Dart would be my 2nd choice then the Corvair. Dave, since you are the only way we will see any of them including the Nova (I want that too!) you might as well just make them all. :mrgreen:
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby choc-ice » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:57 pm

choc-ice
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:10 pm

Gareth - there are minor differences in the 1968 I sell, the 1969 Tiny sells, and more going to 1970. The 1970 car is iconic because of Donahue and Penske. I also think it looks bad to the bone!

1968 Revson car:

1970 Donahue car:

1971 Follmer car - completely different:

So, similar enough in some people's eyes...completely different in others.

Good points all though!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby baford1 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:48 am

The Javelin for sure the 1971 model , I agree with Lee it will take the manufactures to long to make them all model Javelins look nice
but the 1971 model a tougher looking car

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:54 am

Slightly off subject but A little side shot on the Javelin and it's rise to the top of the T/A field. Somehow magically, Roger Penske was able to show up with a set of Porsche disc brakes on his cars that somehow had an AMC part number on the castings. This allowed the Javelins to have far more brakes than its competitors. Fancy that!

The announcer at the Monterey Historics vintage race that I attended weekend before last told that story.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:08 am

I voted for the Javelin. I started out in slot cars with Aurora AFX and always liked the Javelin in HO scale. Would be great to be able to drive a Javelin in 1/32 scale as well. My second choice would be the Dart.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:04 pm

Gents, I think we got a little sideways on this one...I will not be doing the '71 - Pioneer has that one slated.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Halfj-7 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:49 pm

And the dart takes the lead
Halfj-7

Postby dreinecke » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:48 pm

Thanks for the input folks! Not the results I would have expected.

The fine folks in the RMS R&D department have their work cut out for them.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:59 am

Looks like it was a pretty close race.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale