[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - NEW from RMS Resins! Nissan R381

NEW from RMS Resins! Nissan R381

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

NEW from RMS Resins! Nissan R381

Postby dreinecke » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:45 pm

In the late 1960's, the CanAm Series was all the rage in America. Can-Am started out as a race series for Group 7 sports racers with two races in Canada (Can) and four races in the United States of America (Am). The series was initially sponsored by Johnson Wax. The Series was governed by rules called out under the FIA Group 7 category with unrestricted engine capacity and few other technical restrictions.

In Japan, Nissan built several cars to Group-7 specifications - most notably, the Nissan R381. Originally to be powered with a V12, the car competed with a Chevrolet 5.5L V8 during the 1968 running of the Japanese Grand Prix where three of the cars competed and placed in the top 6. Also borrowing from CanAm, most notably Chaparral, dual large rear wings were used side by side and were driven by hydraulics that would move either the left or right wing up or down in order to increase cornering ability.

While it never competed with the CanAm legends in the USA, it makes a very cool addition to this field. It utilizes a Slot.it Chaparral chassis for motivation. You simply trim a few areas like the valance and it fits like a glove!

I have a limited number of these kits WITH decals for $45. Just the kit is $35.00 plus $8.00 S&H in the USA, $14.00 S&H worldwide. I will combine orders.

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: NEW from RMS Resins! Nissan R381

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:49 pm

Impressive, David. I never heard of that car and I still want it! Oh no. This will start another whole box of CanAms. Woe is me.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Why you sneaky....this is just great work.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby red73mustang » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:52 pm

That "Dual Wing" set is realy the Cat's Posterior! I think I may gave seen pictures of that car with a light blue colored wing as well. Any chance we can see the car TANGO UNIFORM for a better view of the chassis?
red73mustang
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:07 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Looks like a Japanese Chaparral.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:26 pm

Bob - That is a very good description.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby choc-ice » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:03 am

Looks wonderful on the track, hope you sell plenty!
choc-ice
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:32 am

Looks great Dave, good to see something new from you again.
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cagee13 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:40 am

Looks awesome. I've been working on a Toyota 7 and now this will give me some motivation to get it done and build one of these kits.
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:54 am

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby chappyman66 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:36 am

Dave,
Well done. I have the original wind up also, to make into a Can Am car someday. I think it was from a series of kits made by Bandai and marketed also by AHM. I have the Ferrari P-4, a couple Chaparral kits, the Ford J car (like the Strombecker version) and am intending to build the full set.

But seeing what you have done, I suspect I am going to have to have one of your kits, just because.........lovely work!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:25 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby crossovercrazy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:01 pm

Dave,

I was excited until I found out it was the R381, and not the R382 (just kidding - I didn't know anything about either one):

http://www.earlydatsun.com/nissanr382.html

Actually, I would like to see the Nissan Cube Can Am version (with aero package).

If you're going to do Japanese Can Ams, you need to do what everyone thinks of as the premier maker of Can Am cars - Isuzu, and their 1969 R7 model:

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/image.aspx ... ed7940ca7a

Although it looks like your model has a rear tailgate too, Dave, and I'm sure it "hauls" like an Isuzu!

Good work, my friend.
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:02 pm

You are nuts, you know that? I'll have to look into that. Where do I put the cargo though...?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale