[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Anything wrong at Carrera?

Anything wrong at Carrera?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Anything wrong at Carrera?

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:08 pm

I just got the usual email telling about how wonderful Carrera is, blah, blah, blah, and when I went to the site to look for parts, more than half of their parts are out of stock, just as they were six months ago the last time I went there looking. With all the bad news and surprises lately from slot car manufacturers, is Carrera in trouble now? I'm sure they aren't dumb enough to suddenly stop making parts for hundreds of cars. Even when Scaley made some silly moves lately, they didn't do anything like that.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: Anything wrong at Carrera?

Postby goosenapper » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:15 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElectricDreamsTech » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:59 pm

We do a lot of business with Carrera and we have been receiving regular shipments of new and restock parts. Check out our inventory of Carrera parts, which you can access easily at http://www.electricdreams.com/Shop/slot ... s-c-3.html

We have over 800 items in stock under Carrera Parts

ED Tech
ElectricDreamsTech

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:26 pm

I don't think so Rob. In fact...they are doing pretty dang good from what I hear.

There are parts out there, but not everything can be kept in stock. Some of the older model parts will dry up I am sure.

What are you needing that you can't find?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:49 pm

Just wheel sets for Superbirds and Charger Daytonas. They had lots of listings for them and the Talladega Torinos, but nothing in stock, and there's hundreds of other common parts they advertise but don't have, and haven't had for a long time. Its funny, because they list them as being for the digital doohickey cars even though they are obviously universal.

By the way, ED's shopping cart is screwed up. I spent hours fooling with it this afternoon and still couldn't get anything. It empties itself with no record of all the stuff you put in it. Complete wipeout.
Last edited by waaytoomuchintothis on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:56 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:15 pm

Thanks, Harry. I got four of the gold ones. At one time today, I had 20 sets in various colors on ED, but I got sick of redoing it and quit.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ElectricDreamsTech » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:09 am

ElectricDreamsTech

Postby RazorJon » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:14 am

carrera slots have the red ones that was on the Bel Air in stock 5.99
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:50 am

Yeah, they look good, too, but they are so skinny. I might get them anyway to make inserts from. But those are easy to find. I did some checking last night, and Carrera hasn't had the vintage NASCAR wheelsets in over a year-- on their own website! I would be reassured if I could find any evidence that they are still being made. For something that breaks so easily, they should never go out of production.

What spooks me is that this is how Fly, GBTrack, and Pioneer's troubles surfaced. Suddenly, the wheelsets went out of stock everywhere.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:22 am

I've tried three times to get ED on the phone since they opened today, and they aren't answering. I quit. I may let them try again tomorrow.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:43 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:46 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Derby City Speedway » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:22 am

Derby City Speedway
Derby City King

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:25 am

I noticed that when I was building for the Zippertop Proxy. Interesting detail, huh?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale