[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Anything wrong at Carrera?

Anything wrong at Carrera?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Anything wrong at Carrera?

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:36 pm

The Electric Dreams site is goofy, but I finally made it work today. I tried calling them several times and never got an answer, so I have been working on getting their shopping cart to work. If you can't get the cart to keep anything in it after you continue shopping, try signing in before you put anything in the cart. For some reason, they have two kinds of shopping carts, and the one for members works, whereas the one for guests (people who haven't signed in yet), empties itself every time you continue shopping after putting something in the cart.

The bottom line is that I finally got my Carrera axle sets after five days of fooling around.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:00 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Cjent » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:33 pm

If you are looking at the CarreraSlots.com site, that is a retail site out of Buffalo, MN.
The official Carrera of America site is carrera-toys.com/us :D
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:36 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Ember » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Good to hear things are stable in CarreraLand Dave. Always so easy for people to start panic without intending to.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby dr fabio » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:44 pm

Carrera are the most profitable slot manufacturer barr none. Even Scalextric which have pulled quite a few clangers in the last couple of years. Olympics specials anyone......

cheers
dr fabio
dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:52 pm

So, the Carrera newsletter isn't from Carrera? The links to which they refer are not Carrera's American site?

That is misrepresentation, pure and simple. I didn't subscribe to the fool thing, I just joined the Carrera Club a few years ago because I liked the club offering. I've been getting these emails ever since even though I didn't renew because I didn't like the club offerings after that. I'll unsubscribe and forget it. I don't have time to go around checking whether vendors are claiming to be something they aren't- this is dumb. I never did business directly with either one.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:40 pm

I think you're confused here... there is Carrera newsletter IS from Carrera. If you're a member of the Carrera club (and i'm not sure how you can be since you have to have an address in Germany to be a member of the Carrera Club) then yes you do get an official newsletter.
Maybe you could post the direct link to the website you're talking about?

The point is that there's no problem with Carrera which is something that was the original intent of your post. Regardless of whether parts are available or not has nothing to do with the health of Carrera.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:10 pm

That's good to know, Dave, and I am pleased to hear it. I looked, and the newsletter I was getting is indeed from the retail site in Minnesota that Chuck figured out, though I have no idea how they got my email address. You can see why I was concerned when their masthead appears to claim to be an official Carrera site, especially since they suddenly started sending me stuff after my initial foray into Carrera club stuff. I never did business with them as far as I can tell.

As to how I was a member of the Carrera Club group. I suppose I fell through a crack when I wrote to them about that car I liked, and sent money. You never really know how these things go on the internet- I may have just hit it at the right time or something.

You really have to accept what you see in these things. Life is too short to face things with suspicion. My ego isn't injured by finding out that distant tricksters have misrepresented themselves as official communicators from a manufacturer. I unsubscribed them, and that's the end of them. ED did, after a lot of fooling around, have the parts I was concerned I might not be able to get and that's good for me. Aside from making excellent cars, Carrera parts are something I depend on for 1/32 scratchbuilding, and the possibility that they were heading the way that some others did was a nasty shock I am very pleased to see was not happening.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby LAMing » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanks Dave for the straight answer.

I'm glad Carrera is still strong. Carrera (D132) is the ONLY brand I purchase now. Love Carrera's stuff... and can't wait to see what's coming down the pipeline later!

Andre
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby crossovercrazy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:39 am

Some of the folks here beat me to it, but thank you, Dave Kennedy and all the great folks at Carrera, for the great cars, track (of which I have set up two separate 4 and 6 lane tracks in my basement), and all at a dynamite price. I agree with the others that I look forward to buying a LOT of Carrera cars for many years to come - keep 'em coming to America, and also at the good price - I'll make up for it by buying lots more of them!

I also do business at times with the Carrera Slots retailer, and I have found them to be very professional, and their information (such as lists of 2013 offerings and availability times) have been helpful.

Last hint for Dave - please make MORE historic cars (Aston DB3 types, etc.), MORE historic American Iron (63 Chevy?), and PLEASE more NASCAR classics (we need you to expand these offerings to fill up the void left by Monogram).

Thanks, Dave!
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale