[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Super Shells Lotus 30

Super Shells Lotus 30

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Super Shells Lotus 30

Postby chappyman66 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:30 pm

I am hoping to get some help from our far-flung experts.
Some years ago I acquired a Super Shells Lotus 30 kit in a trade. The body is complete, and the kit includes the original plastic chassis, or at least the rear half. It is a ladder style and seems to be missing the front half since the wheelbase is too long for the holes that are present. It's also designed as an in-line, so clearly with a very low profile motor. So two questions present themselves:

1) What does the front section of a Super Shells chassis look like? I can make something easily enough, it's just a historical curiosity to me at this point.

2) Does anyone know if any of the modern slim cans will fit? I have one of unknown provenance and it seems too tall to be a reasonable fit. I have been told in the past that the motor used in these kits was very small and that they essentially aren't available any more. Of course I can convert it to a different arrangement, but thought I would try to satisfy my curiosity through the pre-eminent knowledge of this group.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Super Shells Lotus 30

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:40 am

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby chappyman66 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:31 pm

I knew someone would know.
Bibbster, thanks for the thread. It helps me to know that the front chassis section was always gone (I thought maybe I lost it lo these many years past). Easy enough to make a new one, and I don't expect the car will be a great performer. I just like having something a bit different.

The body pic is the same body I have, but mine is not MOC - just in a ziploc bag from the 90s with all of the parts still there waiting. 50 pounds sterling? :lol: dang, maybe I should sell it instead..........
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:03 pm

I'd sell it. Those tend to being very good money. You can still pick up a Strombecker version or resin one to complete.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:35 pm

The Strombecker is a fine model. I picked one up years ago and detailed it. It did very well.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale