Black Arrow

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Black Arrow

Postby Czar » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:24 pm

I pre-ordered the Black Arrow Aston-Martin with the Gulf livery, and it arrived today! This is a beautiful car. I hope these guys are able to make it in the slot world. BTW, the two bonus Torx drivers are very nice also. I will try to get some photos up soon (with Harry's help.)

Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Black Arrow

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:49 pm

I will help in anyway I can sir.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Ember » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:25 pm

All the photos that I've seen of it make it look like a very impressive car. really looking forward to hearing your opinion.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Czar » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:24 pm

As you might be able to tell if you look closely, the car was slightly damaged in transit. The uprights that hold the spoiler were broken and the wing was not attached. I used a little tape for the photo, so it is not in the proper position. Also, there is a little paint rubbed off on the detail above the door. There is a blue smudge on the inside of the box where the car had been slammed. I have contacted Black Arrow and I am confident they will help me make the car right. I must also add that the 2 Torx drivers that were a pre-order bonus are very nice tools. Overall I am quite happy with the car. It will be a nice running mate for the first Black Arrow release, and I am curious to see how it competes against the new NSR Aston-Martin Vantage. Thanks to Harry for help posting the image.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Just wanted to post an update. I received a new wing and uprights today, from Black Arrow. I will be able to make the repairs pretty easily. I know lots of people are not too keen on ordering a car from a company overseas, and especially a company that has a very short track record. There is always the concern that service will be difficult. I think those are valid concerns. I ordered the first Aston when it came out and pre-ordered the new Gulf livery. I also added some extra parts with each order. Their service was quick (considering they are located in Spain) and email correspondence was excellent. I really like their cars and think they are on the sharp edge of RTR chassis design. I am a very happy customer.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale