[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Any new tracks planned/major changes?

Any new tracks planned/major changes?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Any new tracks planned/major changes?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:50 am

So does anyone have plans for a new layout, or maybe a major renovation of existing one?

It's time for some new tape on the oval here. It still works fine...but it is getting to that point where a fresh tape job is due.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Any new tracks planned/major changes?

Postby Padirt » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 am

I'm thinking of replacing the old Artin track with a wood 3 laner this winter. I'll be sad to see the old track go though. I ran a lot of laps on it and had a good time.
Padirt

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Yeah, same here. It was tough to take it down...but I made a fun track in it's place that I'm happy with.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RazorJon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Well I did sketch a track just the other day.........
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby bookie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:52 pm

I have about 40' of Carrera arriving this week. Not sure what the lay out will be yet, think I'll probably just start connecting it and see what happens.
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Junior » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:01 pm

Norb helped my with the bondo'ing and sanding on Sat. We also ended up routing two more radius' for the walls, came out really good. Hopefully I will get it primed and painted and ready for taping by the weekend.

Same old picture, I will post a new one when its painted.

Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby dreinecke » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:28 pm

Junior - That looks excellent! Get 'er done!

I finished some landscaping and re-routing a short time ago. Really made the track nicer to drive and look at.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:53 pm

It's a fine track, it works for you and your club. I thought it was a great track to race on. Great scenery work that you have done adds to it.

About all you need is just a 6 or 7 more fun runs a year..."Legion Of Bratwursts" or something like that.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Scatman1 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:18 pm

I have the lumber, but I can't get started on the oval. I complain to myself about being lazy, and it doesn't work. It's not like work is keeping me from starting. 48 and retired/no longer looking for work. Want to keep the unemployment number down. lol Maybe tomorrow. ;)
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:38 am

Well it would appear that of yesterday, another track will soon be added to DeBary Glen Raceway.

ModlerBob & I travled to take a look at a track that is being sold in our area. It is a 4 lane routed road course of 65 feet in length. The track is very smooth, runs extremely well and a deal was struck. Now the moving team will have to do the magic of moving this track to our club's current location.

That will provide us with 2 tracks at our club's location. Our 67 foot Scalextric Sport track will soon be joined by a 65 foot routed track. We ran a few of our cars on the routed track. Most of them were equipped with silicone tires and they all ran quite well.

So if you're in the area, you will have both a plastic and a routed track to run on.

Drop by and we will bring you up to speed on the details. Or just post on our Facebook page at DeBary Glen Raceways.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale