[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Hot Cougar Coming...Scalextric News

Hot Cougar Coming...Scalextric News

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Hot Cougar Coming...Scalextric News

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:36 am

Coming soon to a dealer near you :)

This is one of the few Scalextric models I am looking forward to.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Hot Cougar Coming...Scalextric News

Postby RazorJon » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:08 am

hey that looks like a race car :banana-rock: I like it
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:49 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby crossovercrazy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:51 am

I don't know about this one - the rivets on it just don't seem right to me... ;)

This and the Challenger are the BIG ONES I've been waiting for this year. Actually, I'm planning to grab a LOT of this year's Scalextric offerings.

Although, I have to ask... where are the hubcaps? the antennas and door mirrors?
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:21 am

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby goosenapper » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:37 am

This car looks great. I must admit that I don't have much knowledge of the 1:1 car, but I've been interested in this since it was announced because it just looked different and neat. These photos do not disappoint. But man, those are some honking tires on that thing! Still, this may end up being one of my rare Scaley pre-orders.

Upon blowing up these photos to get a better look, did anyone else notice the fingerprint on the rear window? It's just kind of funny to see that in a company produced glamor shot.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:43 am

Very nice and bravo Scalextric! It looks like they got the car pretty darn right. I only note the missing fuel filler.

There were two original red cars - #15 & #16. The later season car went to #98 which I believe they've modeled here.

A third car was added for Allan Moffat mid-season and is the green car.

I will definitely get one and will do a side by side with the RMS version for fun. I like the fact that they appear to have correct style wheels on the car. I didn't expect that. I also hope the motor is the standard T/A offering.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:44 am

BTW - one of the hardest pictures in motors ports for me is the pic of Dan in the Cougar at the end of the last race - the look on his face says it all.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:47 am

Well, seems this is as good as I hoped. Aside from the 1/31st scale rivets. :)

I had researched this car over and over, and I must admit I was worried that Scalextric was going to miss the mark.

But it appears they did a pretty good job. I guess as usual we will wait and see what we get delivered.

Another race ready hot rod for this series. I'm happy about that.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:56 am

Good thing I'm in the process of remolding this!

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby FootScoot » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Cool looking Cougar! I will get one or two for sure. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:42 pm

Harry's picture has a good view of the tire size. I think swapping tires will be done before lowering the car. That's not a lot of clearance.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Interesting! I've never seen that car.

I have an old Karmann-Ghia that was once a race car, and I have been thinking about returning it to race ready, rather than restoring it. It would be a lot cheaper than finding seats, fixing the interior, etc. When I see cars like that one I think it would be a lot more fun to go that direction.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dge467 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:24 pm

I want one of the Cougars for sure! And one of David's race car haulers! 8-)
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:50 pm

I thought I was all full up on Trans Am cars but that is one is one to take home. I highly approve! Thanks Scalextric.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale