[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pyramid problem

Pyramid problem

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Pyramid problem

Postby regalman82 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:12 pm

A few minutes ago i was running some cars around my track waiting for my friend Tony to come over to run some cars when i pulled out a 1/43 nascar out to do a few laps. I spun it out (still in the grove but sideways ) but now the pyramid ps-26 kx protection light came on. We tried unpluging it , taking the lead wires off and leaving it unpluged for about a hour to no avail. All it does is blink the protection light and buzz. Has anybody seen this problem and know how to fix it ? The power supply is about 4 or 5 months old and this is the first time it has acted up.
I did have a train supply around so we were still able to do some racing :clap:

Thanks for the help !

Blake
regalman82

Re: Pyramid problem

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:31 pm

Look in your owner's manual to see if there is a circuit breaker you need to reset.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby regalman82 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:49 pm

There is a fuse in the back but it looks fine . Can't seem to be able to find my manual , looked at it when i first got but dont remember where i put it after.

Thanks for the reply

Blake
regalman82

Postby ddyke » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Change the fuse anyway.
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Mr. Dyke is right. As a long time audio aficionado I can assure that a fuse may be bad even though there is no outward sign. Generally, if you can't see any evidence of a blown fuse, the fuse has separated inside the cap where you can't see. Fuses are cheap, so change the fuse. However, this does not fix the problem that caused the fuse to blow in the first place. Maybe the braids just crossed both rail briefly while the trigger was pulled as the de-slot was happening. However, if it contninues to blow the fuse you have some other problem. One good note, since you cannot see the broken wire in the fuse it probably means the overload was minimal. When you look at a fuse and see bits of brown, melted wired splattered against the glass tube... then you know there was some large electricity involved; like miniature lightning! Also, never use a higher amperage fuse as a replacement.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mfogg » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Last edited by mfogg on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mfogg

Postby regalman82 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Thanks guys guess i'm going out to to get some new fuses. Will let you how it turns out.

Thanks again for the replies .

Blake
regalman82

Postby scatman » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:58 pm

Blake, we took out the fuse and the power supply would not turn on? So, I'm not sure it's the fuse.
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:13 pm

You have to replace the fuse.

I'd say look for that circuit breaker.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:34 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby regalman82 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:30 pm

Well i've replaced the fuse , still the buzzing and flashing protection light is on. I have it sitting on my bar with nothing hooked up to it at the moment . Also i have a train transformer hooked up , so there is no short on the track right now . The only thing i can think of is when the 1/43 car spun out it had contact with both rails with the trigger pulled so it might have had a temporary short but that should have not fried any thing. Also i have a P.M. terminal strip with electronic circuit breakers but the track runs with the other supply.

waytomuchintothis thanks for the diagram but i dont see the the reset breaker on it or am i missing something there ?

It does have a one year warranty so i dont want to open it up ,so i was hoping it would be a easy fix.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen

Blake
regalman82

Postby dreinecke » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:12 am

Is it possible that a controller is somehow shorted now and that is affecting the PS? If it had shorted to the unit, the fuse should have protected it.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby RazorJon » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:15 am

looking at the diagram I bet the relay is stuck closed on the protection side, try turning it upside down and gently let the top case tap on the table, but since you still have a warranty I would just send it back, my Pyramid has served me well for over 5 years and still going
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale