TGIF! Whew

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF! Whew

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:24 am

Well, what a week it has been.

In fact the last couple have been quite busy. New reviews of several models are up as well as some quick photo shoots of new liveries.

Great seeing others sharing photos and comments of their new toys as well, that is what it's all about.

We had a little issue with the server but it was short lived and no damage done. We back up this site often, but I cannot do it every hour. If we ever run into a major issue and have to back up, we usually will lose 6 to 12 hours worth of posting. That is not bad compared to losing it all.

Working on a project that has been sitting a LONG time. I am happy with it and the tuning article is coming soon.

Have plenty more to do of course, but time gets away from me.

Hopefully finish this article and have a couple more done this weekend.

What about you folks? Any slot car plans?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF! Whew

Postby reel55 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:32 am

Racing at my place tonight on Suzuka west - might be another warm night on the west coast
It has been averaging 80 degrees for the last week and lots of sun, in the 90,s week before
Reminds me of my childhood and endless summer days!!!!!!
reel55

Postby ListerStormGT » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:02 am

Yes what a week it has been. Although I have been off work all week I had lots to catch up on around the house. I finally got my window unit AC installed in the garage so I dont melt out there in the Florida heat and so Mr. Reinecke will be comfortable to race out there and stop crying when he visits of how hot and humid it is down here. :lol: (Just kidding Dave, I love ya man!) With the new AC installed the track scenery didn't fit anymore so I have taken down the track and will be redesigning it to make it fit better and not take up so much room. Not sure when I will get to it but it is a sickness with me, I just always have to build a new track..lol Back to work on Monday so I only have a few days left to finish up projects. I also have a Ninco Healey I am tuning on and hope to have some pics up over the weekend. Busy, busy!
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:02 am

It's Friday, it's pay day and it's race night at a club members house.

It doesn't get any better than that!!!!

I have some bodies I posted pics of I painted recently going to some members here on the board I made swaps with too.

They should be receiving their goodies shortly.

Have a great weekend guys!

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop and Paint Works) :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Halfj-7 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:37 am

Trying to finish taping and wiring, just a little past half way, on the new track. Hopefully do a little scenery in the curves and maybe a little racing. Thats in between watching my son's performance in a musical (two times) and going to see some triple A baseball in Peoria saturday night....oh and put together one of them ghetto pools. Its all good.
Halfj-7

Postby JULES » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:53 am

On round-the-clock assembly duty in the Slot Factory. Soft drinks, spicy pizza and a few box set DVD's will keep us all happy. Tonight I shall be mostly swapping the lead wires round the correct way on about 150 completed chassis. Yellow on the left, green on the right. How hard can that be to get right? Very hard, apparently.
They do go fast backwards but the corners do present a problem, I found.
Ho de hum.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:14 am

Been a crazy week here. At least I'm getting past heat sickness, that was miserable. Did you know that if you ever get heat sick, you are sensitive to it for life? Its true. It happened to me in Texas in 1998, and if I get seriously hot, especially working, I'm down for the count for over a week.

I am going back to work on the track again. I'm really starting to miss having a track any time I want it. At some point, I'm going to have to build an oval. This track was specifically built for 1/32, and 1/24 may not go around some of the turns. It will be hilarious finding out. I have a backlog of 1/32 cars that need attention, and the new track is perfect for them.

I'm going to build a fleet of sports car racers from the 1960s for the rest of the summer. I have most of them on site now, just waiting to be made into something great. There are Austin Healys, MGs, Porsches, Minis, VWs, NSUs, Fiats, Abarths, lots of Jaguar XKs, a couple of Renaults, early Corvettes, and more. I can't wait.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby RazorJon » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:36 am

I got the on-call duty this weekend, but I hope to get paint on a few cars, the caddy really needs to get done and the new modified is close to paint.

Rob take it easy and drink lots of water, no booze :naughty:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:39 pm

NO WHAT!?! AAAUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Derby City Speedway » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Louisville model club show and swap meet tomorrow morning. Got 4 units I'll be entering in the slot car modeling catagory. Then it's to another club members place for some slotting fun.
Derby City Speedway
Derby City King

Postby choc-ice » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Trying to get the '71 Roadrunner finished soon, I was going to put a standard interior in but as it's Daisy Duke's car I thought this might be better.

The bodyshell is painted and I've got the longer axles in so the track width is about right, hopefully it will be ready to go soon.

I usually shoot a video to go with a new car, I'm trying to make some notes on what to do for this one. The 1977 Dodge Monacos should get plenty of use!

Work (that's real work, not this stuff!) has been frantic this last few weeks, getting some designs ready for tooling. There's $160,000 on the line so it's worth me checking it just once more :?
choc-ice
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:22 pm

Hair colour is wrong and not enough clevage on display for Daisy, but it's a beginning.

One photo required to finish this issue's SlotCar MAG article. Then it's into accounting mode for me I'm afraid. Business books to take care of. Depressing stuff.

His Lordship has a wedding job today and will be fishing tomorrow. So I might have tomorrow free.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby balsaworks » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:38 pm

Holidays! No work, no slot cars.
Ursula and I loaded our kayaks on the car and went over to the west coast, just south of Gothenburg. Blue skies and open sea...
balsaworks
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Rob you're right about that heat exhaustion, once it happens you never get over it. I did it working on a car back in 97 or 98, and every time I got overheated I get sick and have to head inside and get in a cool shower. I don't get out much when it gets real hot.

Working on projects that are long overdue to be finished, but which one first is anybody's guess. :lol:
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby dreinecke » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:17 am

Balsa - I love pictures of that kind of thing!

Had a great work week at the new place, got some racing in with Chris Briggs this week, played a wicked game of Canasta last night with the neighbors - I tell you, those "old" folks can party LOL! Love them.

Going to a cool place for an Airsoft game with my son today. Have the M4 charged and ready to go. It is the only time I get to wear ABU's without having served in the Military and not feel like I'm cheating ;) These young wippersnappers typically hand me my fanny though...after my trip to HRW where I found my weight I'd lost, I'm now even a bigger target :(

Movie this weekend (Despicable Me2), mow, Church, and some games with the kids. If I can sneak in a bike ride it will be great. Couple walks with the furry exercise machine also.

Hope to tune a few things and get back to painting my Javelins.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale