TGIF - Heating up

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF - Heating up

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:15 am

Well, around here the temp is going up as well as the reviews :)

Have a couple more to work on too.

On models that we have looked at closely before, I do not repeat all the tech data. As with the recent Racer Moby Dick, the model is new but everything under the hood is unchanged. If something is different or the manufacturer informs us of a change then we will pass it on of course.

The Zippertop Proxy continues this weekend at Bibbsters! I hear he has recruited some real triggers to help him run the cars. I am sure he will give us a full report but he will be a busy boy.

What about you folks? Any new cars to try out? Maybe some repairs/projects to make progress on?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Heating up

Postby BRP32 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:18 am

Here is my latest creation I am working on this weekend.

It was a stripped down Ninco 550 Porsche body I acquired in a body lot awhile back.

Got it painted a week back when the humidity was low and striped and decaled it last night.

This is how far I got with it so far.....

It is a ficticious paint scheme but I like it!

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D

BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby olskoolslotz » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:48 am

Last edited by olskoolslotz on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
olskoolslotz
"THE Champ"

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:53 am

Hot here in the northeast. They're saying we might break the record high temp here in Concord.

Got a tractor pull tonight, so looking forward to having some fun again (it's been 5 weeks since our last event).

Got a full schedule tomorrow for slotcars. Packing orders in the am, opening the store in the afternoon, then some racing in the pm...

Can't wait for Sunday and maybe get some rest... :lol:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby cagee13 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:03 am

Can't wait for the Zippertop proxy to continue.
cagee13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:14 am

Still working on the new track. I updated the "Work Begins" thread last night with a picture. It doesn't look like much, but there's a lot of progress really.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby goosenapper » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:37 am

Wayne, That 550 repaint looks great! :clap:

I haven't been doing much with slots the past couple of weeks, between the heat, vacation, and non hobby-related commitments, I just haven't had time. But I'm hoping to make up some of that this weekend. I've got a Ninco XK120 repaint that I hope to have wrapped up this weekend, and I hope to make progress on one of the Shotgun Mercedes 300 SL's. I have the chassis sorted out, now I just need to come up with a way to attach it and finish up some bodywork. If all goes well then I should have that one wrapped up next weekend.

I hope you're all staying cool. Even with four a/c's, one dehumidifier, three fans, and three ceiling fans, I'm roasting! My old brick house is like pizza oven this time of year. :angry-fire:
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:21 am

Just getting back from the Goodwood Festival of Speed, so I'll be trying to get back to normal this weekend. Probably very little in the way of slots until I can get all my laundry and other things done, and do a little touch-up on the crappy pictures I took in England. :banana-rock:
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby RazorJon » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:31 am

still on vacation was going to come down to HRW HQ but he wont answer my calls :snooty:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:33 am

Welcome home. Yeah, probably did not take a lot of pictures did you?

My apologies Jon...my cheap phone is going South.

Call me...come over now :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:58 am

[*My apologies Jon...my cheap phone is going South.]

Not to worry, we'll send it back with butter AND gravy!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby BRP32 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:38 pm

Thank you guys for the nice comments on my 550 Porsche!

It has been a fun project to this point.

Still have to order a stock bare ninco chassis for it and finish it up.

I'm undecided on a few sets of wheels I may use on it.

With the heat we are experiencing here I may be down the basement working on projects all weekend in the AC.

Stay cool guys whatever you do this weekend!

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop and Paint Works) :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Today would be better if my allergies would calm down. Between sneezing, eyes watering, and coughing I'm trying to work on some projects. Got the tires and bushings from SCC, still need the wheels for project Lambo. Been watching the Highlander Marathon today on SyFy. I always liked that show.

Nice looking 550! I like those cars too. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:33 pm

It has been fairly nice here in Nor Cal for the past couple of weeks. However we have an untypical humid front coming to us from the inland with temps into the 90's combined with high humidity. That's Ok I'll just head on over to the beach for a few days where it will be in the mid 60's. I joined a model train club recently called the Mendocino County Model Train Historical Society which is in Fort Bragg (the California Ft. Bragg) on the coast. They are big on local history and their layout exclusively models the old steam powered, redwood logging days of the Mendocino Coast. They play in G scale and have some actual steam powered rolling stock as well as electric in their collection. I have been assigned an outdoor section of the track to model a historical replica of an old resort that was located on the railroad between here and the coast. I'll be over there working on that, beginning tomorrow. Here is a link to their website. http://www.mendorailhistory.org/index.htm
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:05 pm

That's great! I love Climaxes and Heislers. That's a beautiful Heisler on that site. Its live steam, eh? Fantastic. Narrow gauge logging and maritime railroading are my favorites.

Being in the place where history was made is always a thrill, of course, so I know you're having a ball. On a trip through SW Colorado, I drove the San Juan Skyway, not realizing that there was more than just spectacular scenery along the way. I stopped at a little place to get something to eat, and suddenly discovered I was standing in the center of the Ophir Loop. I could turn in a circle and look, and see the entire loop. Incredibly, no one there seemed to understand how important that was. "Ho-hum, one of the most amazing handbuilt engineering accomplishments of the 19th Century- I think I'll have a nap." Wow.
Last edited by waaytoomuchintothis on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale